IV

“Lust fades after climax, love lasts until breakfast!” 
― Tom Conrad

               Adrienne's POV

I was completely irritated by Xavier's entire existance, his audacity and his cockiness was sickening and I wished to ruin him. In the business world at least. I could see the way he looked at me with an angered lust. His eyes trailing down my body as if I were some street bait. 

Tah! He had no idea who he was messing with.

"Ms. Cooper, do you wish me to drive you to the restaurant now? Mr. Grant has arrived there already." Kary tells me as I slip on my black Louboutin heels. "He cant wait." I say, waving her off. 

I was going to take my time and not just because I despised him, but because I was also missing Asher already.

I pulled out my phone and dialed his cell phone, it rang twice and then was answered. "Mistress! Have you arrive safely? How are you?" He rushes out and I chuckle.

I love how protective he was over me. "Asher, I have arrived and I'm alright. I was getting ready for a business dinner and wanted to hear your voice." I say slowly and I already know he's smiling at the other end of the phone. "You did? Mistress, I miss you so much. I can't wait to see you." He groans on the other side of the phone and I feel my legs clench together. 

I loved his deep sensual voice. "I miss feeling you inside me." I quickly whisper and I hear him gasp. "I miss your taste Mistress, I miss the way you used to slide down onto me and ride me."

Holy fuck. I bite my lip and look at the time. "Asher, you're being flown in next week and when you do, I'm going to fuck you in ever room and wall in this hotel room." I promise and hear him sigh in pleasure. "I look forward to it Mistress. My dick is hard just thinking about it." He whispers back.

"I'll call you tonight Asher," I mumble and he nods. "I'll be waiting Mistress,"

And I end the call. My panties utterly soaked and my hormones racing. I really needed to learn to control myself. 

I arrived at the restaurant twenty minutes after Xaiver arrived there and I was slightly hungry. I felt my stomach growl and I ignored it humbly and saw the back of his scruffy ass head. Ignorant bastard.

I walked up to the seat across from him and he almost flinches as he sees me dressed. "You look beautiful." He says respectifully and I cringe.

Really? "Thank you." I simply say with a sigh and glance at the menu. "Have you ordered yet?" I ask and he shakes his head. "Ms. Cooper, I am simply trying to be kind to you and you're acting as if I have harmed you in some type of way." He replies and I take in his expression. HIs facial features were intense, as if his eyes were unraveling you as he licked his bottom lip slowly, searching my eyes.

"I did not wish to come across as rude Mr. Grant but I should just let you know on the first day. I am a serious woman and I take pride in my work. I don't like to work with other people and take orders from others so please try to understand that I know what I'm doing and questioning my tactics would be quite ignorant, in case you haven't noticed, I'm quite successful with what I do." I say, flashing the most innocent and delicate smile ever. He seems stunned that I spoke so firmly. 

I did not like a man's authority and probably wouldn't ever will.

"Ms. Cooper, I understand that and I respect it. However, I truly believe that maybe you think to seriously. This event is supposed to be fun. It's going to promote fashion and fresh new thinking. I don't want you to be so tense during our time working together." He explains flashing me the same smile.

There's a pause as my jaw clenches and a young waitress walks by us, "Ma'am, Sir are you ready to order?" She asks us and I look up at her with a smile. "Yes, I'd just love the tilapa with lemon peppers and a tall glass of Rhone Valley Wine." I say and she writes down my order and nods, looking over at Xavier. "Same," He simply says, continuning to stare at me.

He was so unprofessional. Perhaps that was why he wasn't as succesful as I am.

"Ms. Cooper, I can't help but have a feeling you think that I'm arrogant and cocky." He says with a dissaporoving stare. I practically burst into laughter at his statement. That's the only thing he had correct. "Oh really?" I say almost amused and fold my fingers.

"Yes. I"ll be honest with you Ms. Cooper, since it is the first day. I am a blunt man and if I don't like something, I'll tell you upfront. You think I'm the arrogant and cocky one, correct? When you are walking around like you own everything you touch."

Woah, I knew I had pushed a button with him and it was humoring. I smirk at him and lean back. "It's cause I can Mr. Grant. I own many businesses all over the country, including some you have failed to pull through with. I'm a smart investor and I spend wisely. I treat myself like a queen and nothing else." I say simply with a shrug.

I was cocky. So what? I was doing my thing and at least I was doing it correctly. "That may be true Ms. Cooper. But I however am more succesful than you in some aspect. I have expanded the businesses that I already have purchased which I will admit are a fair few, but has flourished nonetheless."

Was he competing with me? "Look, I dont care about how much money you own-" But he stops me. "And I dont care how many businesses you own. I am a very controlling man and I will not tolerate your attitude." His sudden dominant behavior surprised me and I lean forward on my arms, staring in his eyes.

"Xaiver Grant, you have no idea who you are messing with and talking to me like that is very dangerous to you. You have no idea what I'm capable of." I growl right back at him. He glares at me, looking down at my lips and I swallow hard. He was making me nervous and I absolutely hated that. 

"Don't let me catch you alone Ms. Cooper. I'm going to make you regret every word." He says almost seductively, licking his lips as I sit back, narrowing my eyes at him and folding my arms across my chest. "Are you threatning me?" I ask with a disbelief laugh. "On what terms? Don't act surprised because as the contract stated, as we do work together, I am above you in authority. I can do whatever I pleased."

He was talking sexually. I groan and scowl at him as the waitress arrives with our food, setting it down gracefully along with our champagne.

"I was going to be quite nice and respectful to you but I'm afraid you have left me no choice." he says blinking regrettably.

His sarcasm was going to get him slapped. "That makes two of us." I say in a high pitched voice. He seems utterly amused by me.

"Hitting those high notes already? I havent even touched you yet." He was talking about my....How dare he!

"Who do you think you are?" I growl and he leans back and smirks. "Xaiver. Remember the name because you'll be screaming it later."

~~~~~
It's clear who wants to be the Dom in this relationship. ..but let's see who will actually pull through.

x flower