IX

"Love begins with an image; lust with a sensation."

Mason Cooley

Xavier's POV

"Ms. Cooper sent me in here," The young man says in front of me. I'm astonished that I realize who he is in almost an instant.

So this was Adrienne's submissive. "For what exactly?" I ask sharply. "She insisted you need some assistance, so I'm here on her behalf." he says all too kindly. 

"Why couldn't Ms. Cooper tell me this herself?" I ask, tapping my fingers on the desk. He seems angered by my tone and automatically takes a possessive stance. "Because she told me to." I see him struggle to keep a respectful tone and I smirk to myself. So this man did have a backbone. He wasn't just her little pet. 

"You intrigue me Mr...?" I pause and wait for him to reply with his last name. "Smith. Mr. Smith." I see him use masculinity in his voice and wonder if he talks like this to Adrienne? I doubt it. 

"Okay, well I guess I can send you on a few errands." I say and take out a sticky note and write down a small list. "Please fetch me these items. I'm sure you may be familiar with some of them." I say flatly and watch his expression. I'm impressed it doesn't seem fazed.  

"A flogger, ballgag, bar spreader, bondage tape and clamps." He reads aloud and then glances up at me. 

So Adrienne didn't use any of these? 

"Is there an issue Mr. Smith?" I ask slowly and the corners of his lip form into a smile. "What kind of clamps?" He asks and I frown. "What?" I ask and he seems almost amused.  

"What kind of clamps? Nipple? Clitoral?" He asks as if he seems annoyed by my lack of knowledge. But I certainly knew. 

"Surprise me," I say through grit teeth. He glances at the list again and then back up at me. "Right away Mr. Grant." Asher says with a slight smirk and opens the brown door and slips away. 

Still not satisfied, I look towards my phone and dial a number, waiting eagerly. 

"Hello?" The voice says. "It's X." I say quickly, suddenly lowering my voice as if I'm being heard. 

"We got a big drop off coming up soon, you gonna be there?" The voice asks. "Of course, just don't let my brothers find out." I say, knowing both Jace and Aiden would go off the deep end if they knew of my whereabouts. 

"You know I got you man, how's Sub doing?" He always referred to Vanessa as Sub. 

It was certainly appropriate.  

"Fine," I say with a sigh and lean back in my chair. "That didn't sound believable, what's been going on?" The man through the phone asks. "There's a new-" 

"A new girl you want? X you can't keep doing this." The man whines and I roll my eyes. "Look, she's a Domme. She's ambitious, she has a drive...and...I crave it." I admit and I hear him scoff. 

"Who is this girl anyways?" The man asks. 

"Can't say. But I'll be there tonight, alright?" I assure, rushing to get off the phone. 

"Alright, better be," Then the phone goes dead. Finally getting bored with my work, I decided to go see where Adrienne and Vanessa were doing. I walked out my office and turned to see Josephine sitting in her desk and she looked up at me almost instantly. "Are they still in the meeting?" I ask her and she nods slowly. "Perfect." I whisper to myself and with a little smirk, I make my way towards where the meeting is held.

I burst through the door to see Vanessa writing down in her notebook and Adrienne pushing papers towards three men. They all glance at me and I can see Adrienne is clearly annoyed.

"Afternoon gentlemen! I see the meeting started without me." I say with a smile and the three men look at me confused. "Mr-Mr. Grant? Ms. Cooper informed me that you wouldnt be here to disclose the contract so she took it upon herself to carry it out." One of the men say and I walk past Adrienne and rub the top of her head like she's a dog and she scowls at me. "Well it seems as though Ms. Cooper is getting ahead of herself. Where is the excitement? The conversation? Just a petty money disclosure?" I say and pull a chair next to Vanessa.

"Yes Mr. Grant. This is a business exchange, not an ice cream social." Adrienne says through grit teeth trying to maintain a smile on her face.

"Ah, I forgot. Ms. Cooper doesn't know what fun is even if it smacked her in the face. She holds a tough backbone though." I say and the men chuckle. "Mr. Grant please! We have discussed everything that needs to be discussed, so why don't you just go back to doing the petty things you were doing before you interrupted this meeting." Adrienne says, pushing the contract towards the men, but I reach over it to read it. "Hmm, seems as though you have all the basics down...I guess this can be signed." I say with a sigh and hand it back to the men.

"You guess?" The oldest man asks suddenly frowning at me. "Yes, I mean, it looks legitiment." I say with a shrug and the men look at each other. "If you'll excuse us." Adrienne says with a nervous laugh and pulls on my elbow. "If this is some poor attempt to ruin this contract because I denied you from penetrating me, you need to go get your dick sucked or something and move the hell on because you are mixing personal with business and that isn't-"

"Professional?" I interrupt and she stiffens and nods. "Yes. Just please dont blow this." She says and for once, I see fear in her eyes and I already know I'm going to use this to my advantage. "I'll make you a deal Ms. Cooper." I offer with a smirk and she rolls her eyes. "Okay what?" She replies. "Date tonight." I say and look behind me to see Vanessa biting the inside of her cheek nervously.

"Mr. Grant-"

"Agree or else I'm going to make this whole Spring event some shit for you." I growl with low eyes, secretly holding seduction in them.

"Fine!" She whispers harshly and I smile sastfied. "Okay gentlemen, now about this contract."

~*~*~*~*~*~

Im back.