CHAPTER 2

Chapter 2:

// Hailey’s POV //

The week had past and go back to normal, classes and stuffs. After my shift in the library is done, I hurriedly go straight to school without even changing. I will be late.

I rush to the classroom but I accidentally bump into someone. I don’t mind who is it and just pick up my books. He helps me as I look at his face. It's him again.

"You shouldn't help someone like me." I say, slowly standing on my place.

"I'm happy to help." He stood up and smile.

"I better get going." I say, fixing my glasses.

"I haven't known your name." He says.

I was about to tell him when I saw Britanny's glance.

"You better not know." I say and walk away fast.

// James’ POV //

I'm glad I saw the girl again but I didn’t still know her name.

I watch her get in the room as I notice a paper near my foot. She must forget it when she drops her books. I pick it up and look at it.

Hailey Olsen? Is that her name? Nice.

It has her address too. It must be her emergency contact in case she lost something. Well she lost it and I should bring it back to her.

"James!" A familiar voice called me, getting on my thoughts.

I turn around and it's her again. My sister's friend.

"Hi Britanny." I nicely greet her.

"Are you here to visit me again?" She says, wrapping her hands around my left arm. Clingy.

"Actually I'm here for Emily. My mom asks me to bring her something." I say, just telling the truth though.

"Oh. I'll bring you to her." She must be embarrass but cover it up.

I dont want to be rude but I was just telling her the truth.

// Hailey’s POV //

My classes for today just ended. I go straight home to rest.

When I'm near my house I notice that there's someone parking in front of it. I park my car on the garage and just ignore it.

I inserted the key on the knob when someone called my name. I turn around to see who is it, it's him again. He goes near me and smile.

"Nice place." He says, amused.

"Why are you here?" I rudely say.

"To see you?" He chuckles.

I narrowly looked at him.

"Actually you drop this." He says, handing me a piece of paper.

Ooh! Shoot.

"Did you read it?" I ask, nervously.

"Just your name and the address." He shrugs.

I sigh, relieved. I snatch the paper out of his hand then turn around to open the door.

I get in and keep the door open. It's his choice if he'll get in or not. But he get in without my invite.

"Do you live alone?" He asks out of nowhere.

"How do you know?" I ask back, putting my books on the table.

"Because it's kinda lonely here." He says, sitting on the couch.

"It's not lonely. I'm happy to be alone." I say.

I go to the kitchen to serve him a cake and a juice. I go back to him and place the tray of food on the table in front of him.

"Thanks." He says.

He's the second person to get in this house. Well the first one is my best friend Grace.

I sit on the other couch and watch him eat when my phone rings.

I answer it and it's my boss.

I go out to talk with him in private.

"Hello." I answer in a low voice.

"Where are you? I told you that you have to be here in 5 yet your still not here." He say in anger.

Oh god! I check my wrist watch and it's 5:10 already. I forgot!

"Sorry. I'll be there in a minute. I'll explain everything later." I say then hang up.

Now, how can I go without James knowing where will I go.

---

[A/N] So what do you think is Hailey's job? o.O