CHAPTER 19

Chapter 19:

// Hailey’s POV //

Grace told me about what her job is.

I was busy unpacking my things on our new place when a piece of paper drops. I pick it up and look what is it, it’s the calling card Stephen gave me, the guy who ask me to be a model.

“Hail, I’ll just—” Grace suddenly brag in my room that surprise me and hide the card behind me but she is just so sneaky.

“W-what?” I ask, nervous.

“What are you hiding, behind you?”

“N-nothing.” I lied.

She goes near me and get what’s on my hand.

“What’s this?” She asks.

“A card?” I say, dumbly.

“I know, you dummy. What are you planning to do?” She raised an eyebrow.

“Nothing. It’s just that I’m desperate with money and thinking to grab that offer.” I say in a lower voice.

“What? Are you insane? You’re done with being a entertainer and an escort, now you want to be a porn star?” She scolded.

“But I need money.” I whine.

“I’m just worried for you and what if James finds out?”

“He wouldn’t and I’ll be fine, it’s not that I’ll be doing that thing with random guys.”

“What if?” She repeats. “That magazine is all over the country and to tell you all guys read that, including James.” She says in-a-matter-of-fact.

“No he’s not.” I defended.

“Yes, he is buying and reading that crappy magazine.”

I just sigh and snatch the card out of her hand.

“Just want to tell you I need to go to LA. My work starts so I need to be there.” She informed me.

“What’s your work anyway?” I ask, curious.

“A fashion stylist. I don’t know who will I be styling but they said I’m exclusive and I’m styling a group of celebrity.” She says.

“I will miss you.” I pout.

“I will still watch you.” She warns me.

“I’m cool.” I grin, playfully.

“Guys, pizza’s here!” Em shouts.

“Coming.” Grace yelled.

We cut our conversation and proceed outside.

“Hey, my brother is on Skype.” Em says, munching her slice of pizza.

She pushes the laptop in front of me and saw James on the screen.

“I miss you.” James starts.

Both Grace and Emily look at me, teasingly.

“I miss you too.” I say, smiling.

“Are you fine now? Sorry if I haven’t called you, it’s getting busier here.” He told me, worry about me.

“A little, I’m still dealing with it but its cool. I also understand your situation, I just… Umh… Miss you.”

“That’s why I love you.” He says, making me blush.

“I love you too.” I simply curled up my lips for a smile.

“I wish I’m there, by your side.”

His background is moving, is he walking around while talking to me?

“Are you still busy? I can turn this thing off.” I say, depress.

Suddenly our doorbell rings.

“Hail, can you get that?” Grace ordered, giggling with Em.

“Fine.” I groan. “I’ll just get that.” I told James, pointing the door behind us.

He nods as I go look at who is it.

As I open the door, James is standing there. He’s here, in front of me.

“James?” Is all that came in front of my mouth?

“Don’t I get a hug or a kiss, maybe?” He says, putting his phone in his bag and open his arms for me.

I slowly grin and hug him tightly.

“I so miss this.” James whispers through my ears, making me shiver.

“I miss you.” I told him, poking her chest.

He pulled back and wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me into a kiss as I kissed back.

It’s been a couple of minutes that we realize that we’re out of breathe. I hug him beside and go to the living room with him.

“You plan this?” I ask Grace and Emily.

“It’s all James.” Emily points a finger on him.

I look at him and all he did is chuckles then stuck a tongue out to me. I nudge him and he just acts like it really is, but is not.

“I just miss you.” He whines.

“Anyway, since I’m here can we just go out? I just sneak out my work and I will be leaving tomorrow.” He added.

“That fast?” I pout.

“Don’t worry, we’ll make the time worth it.” He smile and pulled me into another kiss.

When he’s around I always forgot what other important things to think of. I just really live him and won’t let him go.