CHAPTER 3

Chapter 3:

// Hailey’s POV //

I get back to James and thought of my excuse so he can leave and I am too.

"I don’t want to be harsh but don’t you have anything to do?" I shrug.

"Actually, I'm totally free right now." He says, smiling at me.

"Well, if you don’t. I have." I say, angrily.

I don’t really have to be harsh or rude but the pressure is rising. My boss would kill me if I don’t come now.

"I'll drive you there then." He stands up and holds my hand.

He'll drive me? And what's with the holding hand?

"You know that I'm one of those losers in the campus, right?" I told him.

He just nods and smiles, walking me to his car.

"Wait. You don’t know where am I going and you even haven’t answer my question back there." I say.

He just smiles again.

I shoved his hands away from me and walk back to my door to lock it.

"Let's go?" He asks.

"If you answer my questions first." I crossed my arms.

"Give me your phone."

"Why?"

"Just give it."

I rolled my eyes and give him my phone.

He's doing something in my phone. His phone rings and hand back my phone to me.

He answers his phone and looks at me strange.

"Hailey.." He says my name over the phone.

I look at him confused then looked at my phone and it says dialed James. I place my phone near my ear and look at him.

"Can we go out tomorrow?" He says.

My eyes go wide and somehow blush a little.

"If I say yes you would let me go on where will I go, right?" I say.

"Hmmm. Let me think about it." He pauses and look at me. "Yes."

"Ok. Where?" I say.

"It's a secret. I'll pick you up tomorrow at 3?" He asks.

"Sure." I smile.

"By the way where are you going right now? I can drive you there." He asks.

"Uh... I'll go to my best friend’s house." I lied.

"Let's go?" He says, opening the door for me. Gentleman.

I texted Grace that I'm coming to her house but she texted back that she's not at home. Oh no! This really is a problem now.

James stops the car where I said to; once again he opens the door for me.

"Are you getting in?" He says, pointing the house.

"Yes but apparently she goes out to buy something so I'll wait here." I say, lying at him again.

"I'll wai-"

"No! You should... You should go. I'm good here." I cut him off by pushing him inside and closing the door for him.

"Ok. I'll call you later?"

I just nod so he can leave now.

I waited until I can’t totally see his car and now I run for my life because I swear my boss would kill me now.

// James’ POV //

The first time I saw Hailey she's really different and really far from my type of girls but there's a thing that I saw in her.

I get back in our house; Emily is there with her friends.

"Brother!" She yelled and go near me for a hug. She's old enough for this but she's this sweet so I don’t have any complain about it.

"Where did you go?" She asks, pulling back.

"I go to Hailey. I guess she's your classmate?" I shrug.

"Hailey? As in Hailey Olsen?" Britanny came in our conversation.

I just nod and half-smile.

"Why did you go to her? Don’t you know she's a social climber, a plastic and..."

I cut Britanny off by turning around to my sister.

"I'll just go upstair." I mouthed.

"Hey James.. I'm still talking here." I heard Brit whines.

What's her problem with Hailey? I know that I just saw her a day ago and don’t know her for a long time but I think she's really nice and that caught my interest about her.