CHAPTER 8

Chapter 8:

// Hailey’s POV //

When he picks me up from the library. We go back to my house; I prepare some salad for us and an ice tea.

"Thanks." He said.

"You really have nothing better to do." I say, sitting on the other couch.

"Nothing." He chuckles.

"So, what do you wanna do now?" I ask.

It's just 3 in the afternoon and we need to kill time and wait for 6 o'clock.

"Do you have some movie there?" He asks.

"I don’t but I guess Grace have." I say.

I go to Grace's room and look for her CD case. When I saw it, I quickly go back to the living room.

I give him the case as he scan and look for a good movie.

"This is so kiddo." He chuckles.

"It's Grace." I mutter.

"Anyway, what movie do you want?" He asks.

"Anything, I don’t actually watch movies." I scratch the back of my neck.

"What? No way? What are you doing in your life?" He asks again, shocked.

"Work. Study. Work." I mutter.

"That's boring. Here. Sit beside me and let's enjoy this one." He grabs my hand and pull me beside him.

He inserted the CD and plays it.

It's Toy Story 3. Grace has this kind of CD in hers. I thought... Never mind.

// James’ POV //

We watch Toy Story 3, Hailey is beside me. She's seriously watching until in the middle of the movie, she falls asleep in my shoulder.

She's peacefully sleeping in me. I was about to remove her eye glass when her friend suddenly get.

"If I were you, I won’t do that." She panicky says.

"Why?" I whisper-yell.

She sighs and sits on the other couch.

"It’s the only thing that it reminds her of her mom." She states.

I nod and understand why that is. I just let her sleep in my shoulder while her friend goes up to her room I guess.

// Hailey’s POV //

I suddenly woke up when I heard something on the kitchen. I was about to move my head when I can't move it, realizing someone's head is on mine.

James.

I tried to move when James moves his head and I think I woke him up.

"Uh, sorry." I mumble.

"It's nothing." He yawns.

"What time is it?" He added a question.

I look at the wall clock and its 5:30.

"5:30."

"Really?" His eyes widen.

"You should, go get dressed." He added.

I just remember our dinner out.

"Are you taking the boys?" I ask.

"Boys?" He asks back, curious.

Shoot!

"N-nothing. I'll just go get dressed and be right back." I motion and rush to my room.

Why the hell did I ask that? I'm really not thinking, do I?

I wear pants, white tank top and covered with a blazer. My heels went great in it. I just put powder on my face and some lipstick. I do my hair in high pony tail. And I'm good.

I went down and heard James talking. Who is he talking too?

Grace.

"Hailey, you look-" James got cut off by Grace when she stood up and go near me.

"You look like a secretary. You should wear dress." She says, observant.

"What?" I mouthed.

I was about to go back to my room when James speak up.

"No need. You look great. You look you. And that's what I like about you." He smiles.

I look down; scratch the back of my neck, blushing.

"Let's go?" He offers me his hand.

I smile and took it as we walk.

"Stories." Graces mouthed as he waves bye bye at us.

---

[A/N] This is not the date yet. :P