CHAPTER 18

Chapter 18:

// Hailey’s POV //

Emily keeps knocking on my door but I didn’t bother to answer.

“Hailey.” She called out again.

I wipe my tears and stand out off to bed. I know she only want to help and all.

“Hmm?” I open the door.

“James wants to see you. He’s on Skype.” She says.

“I don’t think I can face him right now.” I look down.

“Oh Hailey. My brother just—” She didn’t finish what she have to say when we heard the phone rings.

We get down together; I answer my phone and sit.

“What?” I answer, effortless.

“Gail, can you go to the club? We just want to tell you something.” The other line says.

“I Can’t. I’m not feeling well and it’s my off, remember?” I told her.

It’s my boss.

“It’s important Gail. We’ll wait for you. Bye.” She suddenly hangs up.

I set my phone on the table and lay my back on the couch. I don’t feel like going anywhere now.

“James says he’s calling you. He ended the Skype call.” Emily pouts.

I nod.

“I’ll just fix something out. Are you fine… alone. here?” I ask her.

“Yeah, I’m good. I still have to finish this.” She replies, pointing on her laptop.

I proceed to my room and get changed. I wear my usual outfit; jeans and shirt.

“I’ll leave now. I’ll be back.” I say, still not in the mood.

“Keep safe.” She says, pulling a smile.

I force a weak smile and go on my way.

I drive all the way to the club, after I get off the car I took my eye glass off and put my contacts lenses on.

I go straight to the office and lot of girls is there, my co-workers.

“What happen?” I curiously ask.

They all look at me like I steal a scene or something.

“Guys?” I wave my hand in front of them.

“I’m going to close this club.” Our boss says.

I nod then a minute after I just realize what she said.

“What?!” I yelled in shock.

She just nods and sighs.

“That can’t be. This place is awesome. There must be a good reason.” I demand.

“It’s a very private reason, Gail.” She told me.

“But… Where will I get job now? You’re the only one that accepted my request—”

She cut me off by sighing deeply.

“This is it. See you guys next time. Pay checks will be added to your accounts. She stands up and leaves the room.

I was speechless and no words coming out of me. I couldn’t do anything about it.

Two bad news in a row? What could be the worse then?

I went home weak and couldn’t stand with what’s really happening.

I get in the house and saw Aunt sitting beside Emily, and Grace on the other couch.

“What… are you doing here?” My voice cracked.

“To tell you that I’m serious.” She raised an eyebrow.

“I told you. I’m not leaving my house.” I shouted.

“Your house? Don’t make fun of it my dear niece.” She chuckles.

“What if she has the enough money to buy this place?” Grace speaks up.

“Enough money? She’s not yet paid on her debts with me. How can she—”

“What if?” Grace cut her off.

“Then she’ll get it back.” My aunt stands up and bumps me, leaving the house.

I nearly fall but Grace and Emily caught me, they guided me to sit on the couch.

“Pack your things fellas. We’re leaving.” Grace state.

I narrowly look at her with teary eyes.

“Don’t worry, I’ll help you get this place back. In fact, I already love it here.” She says in-a-matter-of-fact tone.

“I’ll help too.” Emily smiles.

“And where will we go?” I manage to ask.

“We’ll rent an apartment.” She stand up and go to her room.

After we are done packing our stuffs, I look around and memories with mom and dad keep flashing on my mind but not only with them but also with James.

“Let’s go.” I told them, holding my tears back.

We tuck in the suite case on the trunk of the car. Grace offers to drive because she knew I had a lot today.

Emily goes with us since she has nothing better to do.

We look for an apartment but none of it is Grace want.

After 2 hours of looking for a place we finally made it through. It’s a little big for the both of us but it’s worth the pay though.

“Where are we getting money? I… I lost my job a while ago.” I whisper to Grace.

“Is that a good sign?” She whispers back.

“No it isn’t. Now how can I bring back my house without the money I got from that job?” I almost cried.

“Chill. I have a work and you can find a work too, a decent one.” She says.

“You have a work?”

“Yep. So stop asking now. I’ll pay the rent for the meanwhile.” She says.

This day is really bad day for me. I never thought I’ll be encountering this crap.