Chapter 4: and we all fall down..

The bridge looks like a war zone now Carl running car to car for cover as they are peppered with rounds. The Fiends have started throwing grenades or at least home made m-80's times 10. Carl is shooting off as many rounds as he can but only manages to hit someone in the arm only for that one to return the shot. Carl is desperately looking for a way to hold them off, but a loud pop followed by a hiss breaks the gun fire. Carl turns around seeing a cloud of smoke heading his way he jumps as far as he can to another car. The rockets explosion flipping the other car he had barely escaped from on its top. "Hey you'll have to tr--"-Carl yells as a loud deafening roar interrupts his rant. "Come on lets get out of here, BACK TO HOME BASE LETS GO!!"-The Fiends shout as they run off. Carl looks behind him to see the Day walker walking towards the bridge awakened by the loud explosions. The Fiends cowering away in the distance. "Oh Shit"-Carl exclaims to himself. He runs for the maintenance hatch the others had disappeared to he climbs down the ladder to see Nick bleeding all over his sister. "Where is it all coming from!?"-Carl yells running to the aid of Nick. Carl starts to take his bag off and dig through it pulling his first aid kit out. "Alright we'll try something here.."-Carl says unsure of himself, but of course a mans pride never let him down. He takes the strip of shirt off its now soaked in blood. Throwing it off the bridge Nick goes unconscious, as he starts to clean and sterilize it. okay i don't have anything else theirs only one thing we can try. "What?! just do it. Fix him plz"-Violet says still in tears. Carl pulls a blow torch from his back-pack "alright this is going to hurt like a bitch. Put this stick in his mouth so he doesn't bite his fucking tongue off."-Carl exclaims. 

                   Colton is pushed to the wall the man removing his back-pack still shoving the gun to the back of his head. "Don't you fucking move"-The man yells. "Look ill give you anything you want anything just let me go. my friend is hurt i have to  save him"-Colton whines in his own defense. "That day walker will take good care of your friend i promise that.c:"-The man smiles at him with a laugh. He then ties Colton to a pole in the center of the room. The man picking up the massive weapon:

He then starts to take his stuff leaving Colton tied to the pole

He then starts to take his stuff leaving Colton tied to the pole. "Well id say see yah later, but i won't be here at nightfall. oh..whats that i guess ill go now. i see your all tied up"-The man says laughing also taking Coltons back pack as he exits the building. "Fuck you!"-Colton yells trying his hardest to break the bindings off. Colton tries to make his Bowie knife fall out of its holster but its buttoned already and doesn't look like he has much chance of it falling without undoing it. Even so how is he to get it to his hands afterwards. Colton struggles more trying to break the bindings or pulls the pole down. All fails as he tries to pulls the button twisting and turning to get it to un-snap on the floor. Pop the button finally gives way and the knife clanks on the floor. Colton tries to spin around the pole but his hands are closer yet he is just out of reach. He spins back round and moves it closer with his feet. Spinning around once more to grab the knife. "Now heh okay. Excellent!"-Colton shouts as the knife tears through the bindings. Colton quickly puts it back in the Sheave running for his shotgun. He cocks it back "Damn only one left"-Colton says wishing the man had at least left him another round or two. He looks through the hole in the wall. and sees the massive Day Walker stomping over the cars on the bridge. The bridge starting to shake and sway.

                   "Carl we have to get out of here"-Violet shouts, as Carl finishes burning Nicks wound. "Carl?". Carl puts his stuff away. "Lets go Violet this doesn't look good, were going to have to carry him up"-Carl says holding him on his shoulders. They begin running to the other side of the bridge and arrive at the maintenance hatch, it now being hard to stand with the platforms swing all over the place. "Help me get em' up! hurry"-Carl. Violet pushes Nick up while Carl pulls. The day walker now half-way across the bridge roaring while the bridge sways. "Come on!"-Carl yells for Violet to climb up the ladder. Just as he says this the bridge starts to creak louder and it starts to fall in the middle the massive steel wires pulling and breaking all over the place. Carl starts pulling Nick off of the bridge after "Go back for her ill take him!"-Colton starts to pull Nick getting him off and away from the bridge. "Violet! Violet!"-Carl yells the bridge not looking as if its going to take much more. The massive monster panicking in the middle of the bridge not making anything better. Carl opens the maintenance hatch only to see water the platforms broken on the rocks below. "Violet! Noo!"-Carl yells turning back and running off of the bridge it starting to fall into the water. Taking the Day Walker with it. 

                The two are sitting on the edge of the falling bridge exhausted from the massive battle they had survived. "Shes really gone isn't she..?"-Carl says to Colton more sympathetically then you'd ever here a 21 year speak. "Hey lets go we gotta at least find some where Safe. to mope."-Colton exclaims trying to pull Carl away. "Help me with Nick". They leave the bridge carry Nick by his arms on their shoulders. Nick conscious now breathing heavily as they lay him down inside a old shack. Carl sits in on a old 50' gallon bucket taken out his harmonica. "You know me and her used to play together a lot, i never let her know i still had this thing. i'm afraid we'd be waking every  Night Crawler around with our music. She on the Violet me just blowing into this thing"-Carl says a tear dropping from his eye while he is smiling slightly. He starts to play but is stopped when he starts crying. Colton rubs his shoulder but he elbows Colton and lays down using his pack as a pillow. Colton sits by Nick giving some water from his canteen. "how'd that feel..?"-Colton says laughingly. "Hurt lika bitch. Still does."-Nick. "What happened to Violet..?". Colton slowly tilts his head no swallowing his words. As night falls they all sleep quite well as a large rain storm hits the roof of the old metal shack.