Chapter 3

Lucas POV

   I can't believe what I just heard. Abby fell down to her knees. When she did that this big shoot of red came off of her. Carter fell backwards. If we weren't in this current situation, I would have laughed. Abby started sobbing. I got down next to her and held her in my arms. She turned around and hugged me. I hugged back. She cried into my shoulder. I looked up and saw Grace and Logan hugging.

-

THREE DAYS LATER

-

    I was in my room, trying to tie my neck tie. Key word try.  I started thinking about my favorite memory of my father and me.

-

4 years earlier

-

     I was in my room getting ready for school, when my dad walked in. "Lucas?" He asked.

   "Yeah dad?"

    "How about today you can skip school and you can go to work with me."

   "Really?"

    "Yeah come on we will spend the whole day there."

   We walked to my dad and my own motorcycles. I put my helmet on and hoped onto the bike. My bike is white with red and blue slashes all over it. In honor of my dad, of course. It took us about 30 minutes to get to SHIELD. We parked our bikes and got off them. We went inside and walked into the training room. My dad taught me how to master all my powers. Then he did something unforgettable and  unexpected.

"Hey! I want to give you something."

   "What is it?" I asked. My father got up and went to the other side of the room. He picked up a shield that looked exactly like his."Dad, you don't have to."

   "No. I want to." He gave me the shield. He smiled at me and taught me how to use the shield.

-

 Don't cry! Don't cry! I told myself. But it was to late tears were pouring out of my eyes. All of a sudden, Abby barges in the door. She comes over and hugs. To be honest that's all I need right know, a hug.

Abby POV

Today all the Avengers funerals were being held. It was before the ceremony. I was sitting next to Lucas and Logan. Lucas saw me starting to get sad, so he held my hand. I gave him a sad smile. I looked at Logan who looked like he was in a sad trance. I started thinking of my favorite memory of my dad and me. 

-

5 YEARS EARLIER

-

I was in my room balling my eyes out. My first ever boyfriend just broke up with me. Someone knocked on my door. "What do you want?" I asked, angrily.

   "It's me. Can I come in?" I heard my dads voice on the other side of the door.

   "Why?" I asked, annoyed.

   "Because I'm your father and I want to know why you have been in your room for three days," He said, angry. He barges through the door. He saw all the tissues and his face softened.  "Hey what happened?"

   "My boyfriend broke up with me," I said letting out a small sob. I look down. He gets an angry look on his face. "Dad. Whatever you're thinking, stop thinking it.