Chapter 8

Carter POV

           I was on the couch, in the jet, nervously waiting for the team to come back. After about 45 minutes, I heard a knock on the door. I picked up the gun that Abby left me, just in case. I went over to the door slowly. I quickly opened it and pointed my gun at the person. 

Carter- GRACE!!! What happened?!

Grace(sobbing)- We we-were fight-in-ing everyone a-an-d he got sh-shot.

Carter- Shhhh Shh! Everything is going to be okay. Just let me take him and I will get him all fixed up.

      She gave me Logan. I carried him over to the bed we got, in case anyone got hurt, which is good in this case. I carefully put him down on the bed. I went to get all the tools I needed. 

Carter- Umm. Do you want to leave because this might get a little, you know, Eww?

Grace- No. I need to stay with him.

         All I did was nod. I started the operation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

SKIP OPERATION BECAUSE I CAN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carter- OK I am all done. He should be up in a few hours.

      She nodded.

Carter- Hey! Are you okay?

     She shook her head and started to cry again. I went up to her and gave her a hug. 

Carter- Hey. Shhh, Shhh. It's going to be okay. He's going to be fine.

     I thought about how I used to like Grace, but now I realize that she is just a really good friend. I now know that she is in love with Logan.

      We stayed like that for a while. Just talking about random things. About an hour later, the door flew open. Grace commanded her hammer to her hand. I quickly grabbed my gun. 

    I sighed in relief as I saw it was only Lucas. Grace lowered her hammer, as I did my gun. He was all sweaty like he had been running.

Lucas- Is she in here?

Grace- Is who in here?

Lucas- Abby! Is she in here?

Carter(worried)- No.....

    Lucas put his hands through his hair. He kept muttering things I couldn't understand. He quickly turned around and ran out of the jet.

Carter- Stay here.

   I told Grace. I ran out after Lucas. He  was a little ways away. I bolted to him. The building all of a sudden blew up. He stopped dead in his tracks. I caught up to him. Once I reached him he started running faster, but I was strong and fast too, so I stopped him from going into the burning building. I turned him around.

    He started crying. 

Lucas(yelling)- NO! NO! LET ME GO HELP HER!

Carter- Hey! You can't help her! Besides we don't even know if shes dead! So lets go back to the plane and talk this out!

    He nodded slowly. We walked back to the jet slowly and silently.

   Hey guys! So I just wanted to remind everyone that I won't be able to update the book every single week. But I will try my best! Well that's all. 

COMMENT IDEAS! 

VOTE! 

SHARE! 

Kisses 

-Emma<3