Chapter 4

Grace POV

    It's been a month since the funeral. Everyone's been depressed, but we are getting better. We have been training at S.H.I.E.L.D. for the time being. We even got these really cool suits. Today is Logan's 20th birthday. Abby, taking after her father, is throwing a huge party. Earlier today Abby and I went shopping for outfits. Both of our outfits are super cute. Right now we are doing each others hair and make-up. "So. You totally like Logan," Abby said.

   I blushed,"I do not!"

    "Whatever helps you sleep at night."

    "Alright maybe I do.

   "Really?" Abby asked sarcastically.

   I rolled my eyes. " Are you done yet?"

   "Yep."

   "Oh my gosh! Thank you so much!" I said, looking at myself in the mirror.

   "No problem. Now do mine," She ordered.

~

   We linked arms, then walked to the party. When we got inside, I noticed that Lucas was staring at Abby. I looked over to Logan, to see that he was already looking at me. I could feel a blush creep onto my cheeks. 

   I un-linked Abby and I's arms. I walked over to Logan. "Happy birthday!"

I looked over his outfit. He looked hot. "You look hot too," Logan said.

   "Shit. Did I say that out loud?" I asked, blushing. Logan nodded as I laughed nervously.

   "Do you want a drink?"

   "That's illegal. We are underage," I said, giving him a stern look.

    "And it's my party. Come on let lose. Just one drink."

   "Fine." He gave me a drink and we started drinking them.

-

     Everyone left and all the Avengers kids are just sitting and relaxing. No one had enough drinks to get drunk. After awhile, Logan asked me, " do you want to go out on the deck?"

 "Yeah s-sure," I stuttered.

   As we were walking out, I looked back to see Abby wink at me. I looked to her left to see Lucas's arm around her. She was snuggled up to his body, so being her best girl friend, I winked back. She blushed.

    I walked out onto the deck to see Logan leaning over the edge, admiring the city of New York. I walked up next to him.  "Beautiful isn't it?" I asked.

   "Yeah. I used to come up here with my dad and mom and we would look over the city and point out things to each other," he said, looking down, sadly.

   "I'm sorry."

    I looked up at him to , see him already looking at me. "It's not your fault."

      He looked down at my lips then back up to my eyes. He did it again, when he finally started leaning in. I leaned in to. Before we could kiss we heard a loud crash, followed by a scream. We quickly backed away from each other and ran inside.

    I couldn't believe what I saw. Carter was on the ground holding his head. Abby and Lucas were fighting off robots. But something else caught my eyes. There was a bigger robot off to the side. Just watching. I ran over there and made a fireball in my hand. I threw it at the robot. The robot ducked and it flew into the counter. I quickly ran over to the counter and used my power to control water to get the fire out. Which I did.

   "Grace! Watch out!" I heard Logan scream.

     I suddenly felt a pain in my stomach. I screamed in pain. I looked down and there was a small knife lodged in there. I saw an arrow fly by my head and hit the bigger robot in the chest. I started to fall back. Instead of falling on the ground I fell into arms. I looked up and saw Logan.

    "No! Stay with me Grace. C'mon." I heard, before I blacked out.

Grace's outfit-

Abby's outfit-