Chapter Twelve -Rain, Rain, Pour Again

MISSING PERSON

Name: Osana Najimi

Age: 17

Gender: Female

Appearance: Average height, has long orange hair usually tied into twintails with pink and white spotted scrunchies and orange eyes.

Clothing: Last seen wearing the female Akademi High uniform and stockings that match her scrunchies.
_________

That was the poster that Taro Yamada had seen while walking to school.
It was pouring rain and the sky had turned iron grey, despite it being so early in the day. Taro held a plain back umbrella over his head while the rain hit the material like bullets.

He was feeling utterly miserable.
It had been three weeks now since Osana's disappearance and he was now falling down on the idea that she was dead.

Three students had died only that year and he had witnessed two of their deaths. It would be a shock, but no surprise for him to find out that Osana was actually dead.

Well... There was that girl who commit suicide a few months ago too... But Taro wasn't around at that time.

It was at this moment when he noticed out of the corner of his eye, a girl with a black ponytail hidden just behind a wall. She had no coat or umbrella, so that would explain why the poor girl was trying to stay out of the rain. She was shivering terribly and Taro felt sorry for her.

He recognised the navy blue, white and red sailor uniform that was the female uniform in his school, Academi High. He stopped.

"Hey, you!" he called out to her.
Ayano froze for a moment before peeping out of her hiding spot.
"Y-yes?" She stammered. Poor girl... Thought Taro. She must be freezing...

"You look soaked!" Senpai exclaimed. Ayano crept out a little further onto the street. She hoped that she wasn't blushing... please don't be blushing... damnit.

Taro didn't notice the girl's face turn bright pink as he reached over and took her hand.

Ayano didn't know whether to scream or faint. Her heart pounded, her cheeks felt as hot as an oven, her insides completely melted when he pulled her under the umbrella with him.

Taro laughed. "No need to be surprised, I'm sure any good person would have done the same! School is just around the corner, I can take you there!" Ayano blinked and tried to get a grip on herself. His laugh was so gentle... full of warmth...

"Y-yes... ok..." She mumbled and senpai began to lead her along, holding her hand, the other hand clutching the umbrella. His hand was soft, with no blisters or blemishes. Only a perfect hand can fit a perfect person. She could faintly smell honey scented shampoo, and her heart skipped a beat.

They were completely silent walking together, the only other sounds being the hard rain and puddle splashes.  Taro was trying pushing aside the cloud of worry and misery in his head to focus on taking the girl to school.

It was only at the corner around the school when Taro finally spoke. The rain was getting much lighter and he didn't have to raise his voice.

"What's your name?" He asked politely. Ayano blushed harder then ever and responded in a quiet stutter. "A-Ayano... Ayano Aishi..."

"Ayano huh?" Senpai spoke up. "That's a nice name."

"I-I guess..." Ayano felt herself melting inside as she replied.

Senpai had began to say something else but they had just arrived. The rain had cleared up and a girl hurried up to senpai. Her senpai. The girl looked about one or two years younger than him, had medium length black tri-tails and black neko stockings.

"Onii-chan!" She shouted once she had seen him. "You're going to be late for- who is that?!" Senpai dropped Ayano's hand and raised it. "Oh, uh well Hanako, she didn't have a coat or anything, a-and it was raining, so I helped her get to school!"

The girl stared at Ayano for a moment with clear suspicion. "Alright then Onii-chan, stop flirting and go to class! You are going to be late! Again!" Senpai went a brilliant shade of red at this comment. "I wasn't... we weren't... I'm not..."

"Just come on then!" She rolled her eyes, grabbed his wrist and proceeding to drag him away.
He dropped the umbrella and Ayano caught it. "Oh, uh... you can keep it!" He called at Ayano as he was pulled along.

Ayano stood there for a dazed moment. She looked at the hand that had held senpai's... it was still warm from his touch... but who was that girl...

Ayano stood there and closed both hands around the umbrella's handle.

Onii-chan? A sibling?

She spent a minute or so just standing there when finally ran into the school, as she similarly realised how late she was going to be.
______________________________________

A/N
If anyone wants to give their opinion on the story so far or any notes on things I could improve then please, please comment.