Chatper Twenty -Slip

Ayano's hands rested just an inch away from Oka's back, Oka being too lost in thought to notice. Ayano tried to push, but something was restraining her, like she was pressing against a wall.

Argh! What are you doing?! This is what you want!

Ayano's head ached but eventually the voice came back, much clearer and louder.

Let... Go...

Ayano's hands were suddenly free again and Ayano shoved Oka forward.

"Wha- oof!"

Oka hit the railing and, in that one moment of weakness, Ayano swooped down and grabbed Oka's ankles, lifting up her legs.

Oka's hands sprang off the railing in shock and Ayano had pushed her past it. Ayano let go.

Oka fell.

A short cry was cut off suddenly by a mild thump. Ayano picked up her bag and left the rooftop, exiting the school building and located Oka, who was lying dead on the ground not far from the handy incinerator.

Ayano picked up the dead girl and began to carry her there. She was just behind the last corner when she stopped dead in her tracks.

Delinquents...

They were there, a group of girls with brightly coloured hair and masks, armed with various blunt weapons.
They would knock her out in a second if they saw her dragging a dead body. She would have to wait.

Ayano put down the body and lifted the heavy lid off nearest dumpster. She picked the body back up and lifted it into the dumpster.

She carefully closed the lid, making sure that no-one heard. The bell sounding afternoon classes chimed. Ayano swore, realising that she would be late and ran.

She made it just in time, discretely making her way to her desk while her teacher got everything set up for biology.

Ayano knew that once class was over, she would have to get rid of Oka's body as quickly as possible, before the students began cleaning up.

It was just too possible that a kid would go dump a bag of rubbish in that dumpster and it would be game over.

Ayano was determined to keep corpses unfound by anyone, as the 'murderer' had been caught. More bodies would panic people and the school could be closed down. She couldn't let that happen.

She was confident that the delinquents would be gone when class was over, they usually leave school immediately to hang around town, stealing, smoking or committing acts of vandalism.

Ayano ran back to the dumpster after class and checked to see that Oka was still there. Ayano peeped around the corner to check and... Yes! The delinquents were nowhere to be seen.

Ayano reached in and scooped up the body off the piles of rubbish. She then carried her to the large incinerator and gently dropped her in.

She went back to the school and began to clean up with the others. She told Koharu (who she was working with) that she would dispose of the rubbish.

Ayano made her way back to the incinerator and emptied the rubbish into it, covering up Oka so no student with good enough eyesight would see her.

She left and spotted some more students dump rubbish and talk away, clearly not spotting the dead body. Walking away, Ayano saw black smoke billowing out of the incinerator chimney as someone activated it.

Our work is clearly over, we can leave.

Ayano walked away, towards the gates. She stepped forward. Suddenly, a shot of pain burst through her head. Her hands flew up to her head and she held on like it would burst.