Rosanne {1}

I sat peacefully in the bright sunlight.

Soaking its warmth deep into my pores.

There was a time once when I took this natural resource for granted.

But not anymore.

After remembering my imprisonment into a deadly place for five months long, every time I saw sun glowing was like a gift.

A gift so vibrant, so pure, it made me almost kneel down and bow to the kindful rays.

The light, the warmth, the heat. It was so pure. So peaceful.

You never know the importance of simple things in your life until they are taken away from you.

Something like that happened with me when I was sixteen, baited into the rattrap of Brooke Mountain High School.

Technically it wasn't me who was supposed to go there.

It was my friend Arianna, who didn't want to leave her new place at Los Angeles. So she decided to give her scholarship to me.

Because both her parents were rich lawyers, she was able to draft fake documents that proved me as her. Arianna Adams.

I was thrilled to have such an opportunity... only to enter my worst nightmare.

The Brooke and the Pinnacle Race took more than just the lives of my friends.

It took away my sanity. My memory. And my love.

A heavy pain erupted in my heart just thinking of him.

Delos Rossler.

Though what pained me most was his betrayal.

We were supposed to be together. Live together, fight together, die together and win together.

But during the final level, he threw me from the mountain peek with nothing but a glass chamber I was trapped into.

Oh, and also with the agonizing feeling of hurt and betrayal.

By some miracle I survived, came back home but in a different time zone.

Where I never went to the Brooke at the first place. Where the Pinnacle Race didn't happen.

Where I never remembered meeting Delos Rossler or anyone belonging to Brooke Mountain High School.

Four years later, it was my attraction towards Diego Rossler, that led to a complicated series of events and triggered all these buried memories.

Which included being hit on my head with a rod, almost dying, having a nasty concussion with an ugly scar, a huge part of my head shaved and a brief period of amnesia.

By the way, did I forget to mention that Diego and Delos are twin brothers?

Yeah, that makes this mess a whole lot more complicated.

Diego and his family believed his twin brother had run away four years ago. Though Diego did have his suspicions.

In fact according to Jared, Diego had been to BMHS too. Under the same duration as us.

But his memories have still not been triggered.

Was it a way for all our minds to deal with the trauma or something done to us by those evil bastards?

Surely if they can send us back into time, have Arnold Peterson (the guy who hit me) disappear in thin air, they can do almost anything.

But right now none of these problems bothered me.