Diego {18}

Things were all going fine, at least as fine as they could be at this point.

Until blondie sneezed.

After that everything went into chaos and havoc.

Who knew a sneeze could be the death of you?

And not even your own bloody sneeze.

She slipped, screamed and fell.

The branches meant to hurt her clawed at Rosanne instead.

She went up flying, while taking my heart with her.

"ROSE!" I screamed, petrified. Not caring what happens to me. I would deal with the consequences after she was safe.

Diving for Arianna's still burning torch on the ground, I threw it at one of the trees holding Rose captive.

Another scream made me look up, finding Arianna being dragged through the ground, a branch around her ankle.

"Diego help meeeeee!" Her raw scream for help made me run after her. She was important to Rose. I had to help her.

Taking out my knife I attacked the branch, turning wild and feral as it fought for the girl's weight. Holding her leg tightly, I stabbed and twisted the knife rapidly, relentlessly until it gave its way.

Dragging her to the safe ground I told her to run and watch out for the branches.

That was the best I could do.

The roaring angry sounds made by the trees jerked my attention back on the desolate scenery in front of my eyes.

Emily and Brandon were helping Jared, burning the branches that were curled all around him like a snake. Suddenly a branch grabbed ahold of Emily's torso sending Brandon into a frenzy mode.

I wish I could help them but I had to find Rose.

Looking around, I searched for her until I saw her stuck in a tree, her body barely visible around the branches.

My heart stopped beating.

With an angry growl erupting instictually from within me, I made my way running to reach the monster before it swallowed the girl I loved.

The girl I loved.

Shit!

Fucking damn awakening.

I was in love with Rosanne. I'll be dead before I let her die.

My steps grew faster, louder. The branches detected my motions, coming at me as I bent and dodged them.

But not before long, a heavy one wrapped itself around my throat, choking me as it wrenched me toward its hosting tree.

I clawed at it as my sight turned hazy, my breaths not passing through.

Dammit! I had to fight it. What good would I be to Rose, if I were dead myself?

My head collided against the trunk of the tree, almost knocking me out as black overtook all other colors.

Within in next breath, I was free. Lying down, rubbing my head while taking deep breaths.

Two heavy hands landed on me. "Diego, are you all right?"

As my vision cleared I saw Jared bent over me, bleeding from his temple. His short torn away and his arms and bare chest covered with scratches.

I coughed repeatedly while taking more and more of the blessed oxygen. "Wh-what... happened? How did-did you...?"