PARIS Quick Hits

Share your favorite travel moment from Paris in the comments below for a chance to win a free signed copy of 30 Before 30. Bon chance!

ROMANY  MALCO  |  “WEEDS”

…The French are keen on open, confident, worldly souls and will not hesi- tate to flirt. … My favorite part of Paris is the 4th Arrondissement also known as Place de la Bastille. It is the closest thing Paris has to Brooklyn. The moment you come out of the tube (train station) there is a modest Thai restaurant to your right on Rue Roquette that is delicious…

GREG  GRUNBERG  |  ACTOR,  “HEROES” 

…Elizabeth and I went backpacking through Europe before we had kids and one of the many things we remember was our night under the tower watching Jean Michelle Jarre perform while sharing a blanket with thousands of other tourists and locals and taking in the spectacle that is Paris. Also, you MUST eat at a little “steak & fries” place near the Four Season’s hotel (George V)—ask the concierge to direct you… 

YVONNE  STRAHOVSKI  |  “DEXTER”

…Paris is to die for. Favorite memory? Eating a big fat baguette with ham and cheese and having a coffee at a cafe under the Notre Dame… 

ZACH  GILFORD  |  “FRIDAY  NIGHT  LIGHTS”

…Paris is an amazing walking city besides the obvious things to see, make sure to visit the Rodin museum. One of my favorites i have ever seen… 

MARISA  COUGHLAN  |  “BOSTON  LEGAL”

…I love a bar in Paris called Pub Saint Germain . . . we used to go there ALL the time in college and get REALLY drunk off these crazy smoking drinks called the SCORPION. I hate to only have an idea that involves huge amounts of alcohol, but we really had the best time putting those back and the bar is really cool and the area is amazing. Bring friends, you can’t drink it alone! Near ODEON metro stop…

AJ  DIPERSIA  |  “HEMINGWAY” 

…Paris is one of those cities where i like to do what i would do if i were at home. i like to smoke joints, walk through the park, check the museum if there’s something cool going on, see a movie, eat some food, chill at a friend’s house, go out. it’s the best way to know paris. just pretend you just moved there…

MILO  VENTIMIGLIA  |  ACTOR,  “HEROES”

…The best part of Paris is having someone to be in the city with. Otherwise the gloom and architecture of the city brings about a very lonely feel. People are kinda rude, or just “French,” but I’m sure you’ll meet some great people. Staring at the Mona Lisa was kinda cool. Wondering in fact if it was the real one. There are seven, six fakes and one real… 

HOLLY  WIERSMA  |  PRODUCER,  “BOBBY”

…Take the train to St. Tropez. It is the most beautiful place in the world. The beaches are amazing. Everyone goes to Club 55 which is a restaurant on the beach and then lays on the beach (top optional). You have a glass of rosé and nothing is better…

MURRAY  MILLER  |  PRODUCER,  “GIRLS”

…I spent most of my time in Paris in Montmartre—it’s where they shot Amelie and really feels like cartoon Paris—people in berets riding bikes with baskets full of baguettes. There’s one main street with cafes and then a little town up by the church, Sacre Cour, built on top of a huge hill, you can’t miss it…

MOLLY  SIMS  |  MODEL  &  ACTRESS 

…Get tea in the Marriage des Freres .... you must get a gyro in the Marais as well. Also, if you visit a drugstore, get Bourgois makeup. It is Chanel, just packaged cheaply… 

PAGE  FARMER  |  OWNER  REGINA  BARRETT

…Late winter 2010 on a last minute work trip to Paris by chance I stayed at a cute boutique hotel designed by Philippe Starck called Mama Shel- ter. To my surprise it was super hip, great staff and fun bar etc. only down- side it was 15 minutes off the grid…