Chapter 1

He was fine. Really, he was. His new job was exactly what he was hoping for after he graduated college, but there was something missing. Fredward Benson stepped inside his new home in the suburbs, wiped his shoes, and shut the door. Even though being a computer technician was very easy for Freddie because of his many years dedicated to ICarly and to his technological devices, it was exhausting...and time consuming. He worked as many hours as he was needed, and this time, he stayed at his office till 10 P.M. installing hardware into a Pear laptop. Seattle was very dark around this time, yet not as noisy as Freddie remembered it to be. Living in an apartment was very different than living in the suburbs. There used to be way more traffic noises he would hear before falling asleep. Now, you could barely hear a cricket chirp. It was 10:30 now, and he was ready to settle in bed and wait for Friday. He could hardly believe that during his first week of work, he was this tired. The 7 days hadn't even ended yet.

"I guess this is how an adult is supposed to feel like," he thought.

Before he laid down, Freddie ate a very late TV dinner in the kitchen, brushed his teeth, and transitioned into his Galaxy Wars pajamas. Some things never change. He decided to wind down by watching videos on his own laptop. Preferably on YouTube. The first thing he searched was an old ICarly web show. He missed Carly and Sam. He never fully understood why his two main friends were girls his whole life, but he didn't care. They were his best friends, and they shared a true bond not a lot of people have anymore these days. Too bad their bond wasn't as close anymore. Carly was learning new material in school while Sam was living with an unusual roommate named Cat, whoever that chick was. He almost shut his laptop until he saw a recommended video by a Youtuber named CarlyShay with a thumb nail of her face on it.

"Is that CARLY? Whoa!"

Seeing her face just on a screen was so shocking, Freddie accidentally flipped his PC to the floor.

"Whoops."

He picked it back up, (thankfully there was no damage), and clicked on her video.

"Hey guys! Carly here! It is 1 A.M. and I'm about to scare Spencer. Let's do it!"

Freddie was surprised to see that she was in Spencer's apartment. Why was she there? Wasn't she in school? He had so many questions.

"All right, I have the blow horn," she whispered. "You guys wanted this, so here you go. In 3, 2,..." The air horn honked so loudly, Freddie had to turn down the volume.

"AHHHHHH!! WHAT?! BURGLAR?!" Spencer exclaimed, holding a rubber spatula.

Carly began to laugh at his demise.

"You-I got you so good!"

"This was a prank?!"

"Yeah! Your face is priceless, isn't it guys? Wait, why do you have a rubber spatula by your bed? You really think that's gonna make a thief get scared?"

"I-I'm gonna go to bed now."

There was a knock in the background.

"WHAT IS GOING ON IN THERE?"

Freddie automatically knew it was his mom's voice.

"Oops it's Mrs. Benson. Gotta go! So yeah, this was the scare Spencer upload I promised! Thanks to everyone who suggested it. Although, I did have to feel the wrath of Freddie's mom, so I'm not sure if this was totally worth it. Anyway, like, comment, subscribe, and I will see you guys next Wednesday. Bye!"

Freddie immediately checked the day this was uploaded: August 10th, 2020. Yesterday? So she's with Spencer and his mom knows? He called her, not noticing the time.

"Hello?"

"Mom? Are you there?"

"Freddie, it's 11 o'clock at night. What is it? And why are you up so late?"

"Oh. Sorry. My shift went long. I forgot it was later. Is Carly in Bushwell Plaza with Spencer again?"

"Yeah she moved back 5 months ago."

"She's been there for 5 months? Why didn't you tell me?"

"You were attending classes in California. It's not like you were going to drop everything and come to Seattle."

"I could've! I haven't seen Carly in years!"

"Well since you're back in Seattle, why don't you see her sometime soon?"

"Mom, that's not the point-. You know what, never mind. I'll text her tomorrow and see what she's doing."

"How wonderful! You can see me too!"

Uh oh. He regretted telling his mom his plans. He should've known she would interfere.

"Well-I can-but-"

"Great! Come by tomorrow whenever you're able!"

"I'd h-have to ask Carly if I c-could first."

"She'll be fine. If not, just visit me! I bought some new puzzles we can finish. Just like old times!"

"Yeah, sure," he agreed nervously. "I'll-see you soon."

"Ok! Goodbye Fredward! Don't forget to brush your teeth!"

"I already have, mom! Goodbye!"

He sighed, exasperated. Then he paused, reflecting.

"What if she's what's missing? What if it's...Carly?"

He turned off the lights and drifted off, dreaming of their reunion.