Chapter 8

"Carly!" Freddie shouted, still chasing her.

Stupid Freddie. Leave me alone.

"Stop following me! Go away!"

He eventually stopped in front of her near a local café, gripping her arms.

"Let go of me! Shouldn't you be touching someone else?" she hissed.

He answered her in a relaxed tone. "Carly, it's not what it looks like."

"Oh really?"

"Sam kissed me, not the other way around."

"So? You like her. I get it. Let me go."

He squeezed tighter. "Listen. When I was with you this past week, it felt amazing. It felt like I was meant to find you again. But there was something tugging inside me that I didn't understand. Later, when Sam kissed me and I saw your face, that feeling tugged 10 times harder than it did when I was next to you. At that moment, I finally realized that what I was feeling was doubt. Did I love you, or did I love Sam?"

Her gaze made him feel like she knew where he was going, but he persisted.

"You're what's missing in my life. It's like I'm complete now. Without you, I'm...lonely. Carly, I love you, and I always will."

She held back tears and broke her arms free. She then placed her hands on his cheeks and pulled him in. That kiss. That unforgettable kiss. It felt...

right.

They continued to kiss a few more times until Carly hesitated for a moment and whispered,

"Marry me."