Chapter 2

"Hey Spencer! Check this out!"

Carly didn't hear him respond, so she looked up to find him. He was in the kitchen, finishing up another sculpture while humming a tune. She smiled.

"SPENCER!"

He freaked out again, causing him to fall over. "Carly, you gotta stop doing that! You're gonna give me a heart attack like you did last night."

"At least it was funny? Anyway, the video I filmed last night already has 20,000 views!"

"I guess my pure terror is entertaining."

"Yep, pretty much."

Spencer continued his work. Carly, however, suddenly felt a vibration in her pocket.

"Freddie?"

She curiously opened the text.

"Hey Carly," it read. "I'm home from California and I saw your video yesterday, which let me know you were living with Spencer again. Maybe we can visit today?"

She was surprised, and then started beaming. Spencer turned around to see her happy face.

"What are you so joyous about?"

"Oh, Freddie texted me."

"Like, our Freddie?"

"No, Spencer, the Freddy from Elm Street."

"I thought he was in San Diego."

"Me too, but apparently he's in Seattle now and he wants to stop by.

"That'd be great. I'd love to talk to Freddie."

"Hold on, I got a second text."

"And could we possibly be alone?"

"Um," Carly said awkwardly. "For some reason, he wants us to be alone."

"Oh. That's all right, I get it. I'll spend some time with Socko tonight."

"He's all right with that?"

"Oh yeah, he says I can hang out anytime."

"I'm sorry."

"Really, it's no biggie. Maybe he...never mind."

"Maybe he what?"

"Maybe he...loves you."

"What? That's ridiculous, Spence."

"Not really. He loved you at one point. Those feeling could've returned."

Could they? Could Freddie really be crushing on her again? It didn't feel awkward to hear like it used to though. It actually felt...good. But why? It's not like she thought of dating Freddie.

"I guess," is all she could say. She texted her friend back.

"Sounds good. Meet me at 6 for dinner? I'll prepare something."

"Gr8. We have to be quiet though. Otherwise, we'll never hear the end from my mom."

"Ok," Carly responded. "Text the code word 'dog' when you're at my door."

"K. C u then."

Carly studied the carpet in deep thought. Why did she have butterflies in her stomach? He's only a friend, right?

ICreddieOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara