Chapter 9

"What?"

"Marry me. As soon as possible! When Spencer gets better, we can arrange a wedding! I'll invite my dad and-"

"Woah slow down. I do want to marry you, but we can't rush into it."

"I thought you loved me, Freddie!"

His lips touched her's again. "I do. Don't ever doubt that. But I want to be wise about this. We can't just get married on a whim."

"I-I'm sorry. You're right. I got too caught up in the moment."

"Besides, we can't get married if you don't have a ring," Freddie smirked.

She giggled. "You got me there. Wait...Sam! Where is she?"

"Oh man, I left her in the hospital. We should find her."

"Sam? Sam?" Carly called out to the strangers nearby in the lobby when she and Freddie arrived.

"She's gone. She hates me. I'm sorry, Carly."

"It's not your fault." She held his hand. "You chose me. We'll figure out what to do from here. If she comes back, then she forgives us. If not, then I guess she's-gone."

"Dang it, Sam! I can't believe she left us before we even got to apologize. She's gotta come around for us sometime, right?"

"I don't know. Sam's always been unpredictable. Plus, she may not want to see her best friend fall in love with the man she desired."

"Yeah."

"Hey, it's gonna be ok," Carly smiled. "Let's go check on Spencer. You haven't seen him."

"Is he bad?"

"Not totally. He suffered some minor injuries, but otherwise he'll be all right."

"That's good."

After giving Spencer a little time to recuperate, they opened the door to room 4C and sealed it to give them some privacy.

"Did someone hit him?"

"Yeah he got hit by some ridiculous ice cream truck."

"Wow I think food vehicles are after me and Spencer. I mean, I did get hit by a taco truck."

They heard a mumble from the bed.

"Spencer?" Carly asked cautiously.

"Hey. What-what happened?"

"An ice cream truck crashed into you, but you're ok."

"What about the other driver?"

"He told Carly in the lobby he was incredibly sorry and offered you free ice cream for life," Freddie answered.

"Huh, that's a good deal. Maybe this was worth it."

Freddie and Spencer laughed.

"Spencer!"

The two boys coughed to die it down.

"Why don't you two head on home? I'll be fine," Spencer assured them.

"You sure?"

"Yes, Carly, really. I'll be-oh look Girlie Cow's on!"

"I think we can leave," Carly told Freddie. "Let's go."

"Bye Spence."

"He can't hear you. We've lost him to talking cows," Carly chuckled.