Chapter 5

Next week was a blur.

Freddie changed his entire work schedule just so he could be with Carly. 5:30 seemed like an eternity to wait for, now. He learned things about her during those 7 days he hadn't known before. It was like he was hanging out with her after school again, yet that one sinking feeling persisted to nag at him. As the days passed, Carly continued to feel attraction for Freddie. When a girl looked at him in public, it made her feel awkward. She wanted to be the only girl he noticed. Spencer was around the apartment less. He missed being at home, but he kept himself busy. Today he was touring an art museum downtown. Carly was editing and Freddie was reading an article when he got a notification on his Pear phone.

"Who texted?"

"It's Sam."

Carly acted excited to hear that, but in reality, she was anxious.

"Oh wow! What did she say?"

"She wants to meet us at the Groovy Smoothie."

"Why?"

"Cause she's our friend and wants to hang out?"

"Oh. I guess so. Seems odd, she hasn't contacted us for awhile."

"She probably figured we were here, like I did. It's not entirely bad, right?"

Um...

"Of course not."

"Ok. 'Sounds good. Let's meet in 1/2 an hour'," he responded aloud.

The Groovy Smoothie smelled like fruit and lingered of awkwardness. Carly was about to witness her best friend for the first time in forever, and she didn't even care. She just wanted to get it over with and leave with Freddie.

"Hey girl!" Sam cried, embracing her.

"Oh-uh-hey Sam!"

"Sup, Dorkwad."

"Seriously? All I get after all this time is 'Dorkwad'?"

"Come 'ere," she said, holding out her arms.

He laughed and hugged her. Carly shuddered.

"Whale look at this! If it ain't the ICarly gang back at my restaurant!"

They all greeted T-bo and ordered smoothies, sitting at their usual table.

"How long have you guys been in town together? You both arrived here in the same car."

"A little more than a week," Carly said. "Freddie's been helping me with my online show."

"You mean you're-doing ICarly again?"

"Oh no. It's for her YouTube channel," Freddie cut in.

"Yeah. We've been playing games, watching movies, all that wacky fun stuff."

"Ah, so you guys are dating," Sam said, half serious.

"Uh-we never said-"

"Haha not totally. One night we cuddled though. And he told me last Tuesday my hair was pretty."

"She had a pink bow in it," he chuckled.

"Are you kidding me?"

"What?" Carly questioned.

"You two are just having a good ol' time, not even remembering the fact that I dated him first?"

"Woah woah woah," Carly retorted. "I've tried to keep in touch with you ever since I came back to Seattle, and that was way before Freddie got here. He's not with you anymore, and I have a right to be with whoever I please."

"I'm not going out with anyone at the moment," Freddie clarified, trying to lower the tension.

"Might as well be, Fredbag. Obviously she's obsessed over you."

"I don't need this, Sam. I shouldn't have come here. I'm done."

"Carly, wait-"

Crash.

"What was that?" Sam asked, peering out the window at the commotion outside. It was a car accident.

Carly watched in fear. One of the vehicles appeared to be familiar...

"SPENCER!"