Chapter 10 (final)

The girl in the white dress held her father's hand and strolled up to the man in the black tuxedo.

Everything was perfect.

"Wow," was all the man could think. Freddie stood there speechless as Carly walked up the steps and met his gaze.

"You look beautiful," he whispered.

"Thanks. You don't look too bad yourself," she whispered back.

"Dearly beloved," the preacher began. "we are gathered here today..."

The rest of the ceremony was a blur. After what seemed like forever to the anticipating couple, the preacher neared the end of his speech.

"Do you, Carly Shay, take Fredward Benson to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"And do you, Fredward Benson, take Carly Shay to be your lawfully wedded-"

"Stop!" someone shouted. Carly gasped at who the voice was.

"Sam?!"

"We interrupt this union for a very special announcement," she said, taking Carly and Freddie's hands and running down the aisle.

"Sam, what are you doing?" Freddie yelled.

"Are you insane, Puckett?" Mrs. Benson cried.

She led them out of the church foyer and closed the huge door behind them.

"Sam, what's going on?" Carly smoothly questioned her friend .

"I-I came because I wanted to say I shouldn't have left the hospital that day 3 months ago. You two deserve each other. You relied on me to be here for this day because I was your guys' friend and wanted to include me for this special time in your lives, and I failed. Big time. I'm sorry." she sobbed into her hands.

"Aw Sam," Carly said as she embraced her. "You didn't completely fail. You're here now, and you came just in time. Freddie and I missed you so much. Thank you, for coming back."

Freddie joined the hug. They all cried for a minute or two in a huddle position until Freddie pulled away.

"Carly and I should get going before my mom has a panic attack."

"You're right, Fredbag. Go get 'em, Carls."

Carly giggled. "Shall we, Fredward?"

"Let's do it, Mrs. Benson."

"Soon to be Mrs. Benson." she corrected him.

The ceremony went swimmingly from that point onward. Carly and Freddie's friends and family members later went to Freddie's home to gather and eat wedding food.

"Excuse me? Excuse me, everyone?" Carly announced. Everyone paused and eyed Carly with joy.

"Hi everybody. Thank you all so much for witnessing me and Freddie get married today."

The guests applauded.

"Thank you. All of this seems so surreal. I remember my days back at Ridgeway high school where Freddie had a schoolboy crush on me, but I turned him down. And now, I'm his wife."

Everyone laughed.

"But really, this experience feels unbelievable. Like it's too good to be true. I'm married to a man who loves, cares for, and respects me. I've been able to celebrate this with the people closest to me in my life, including my brother, Spencer, my maid of honor, Sam Puckett, and our ring bearer, Gibby."

He grinned and lifted his champagne glass.

"This whole experience has been and always will be unforgettable to me. To my husband, Freddie, and to the rest of you, I love you. It's your time to be. There's no chance unless you take one. So Freddie, let's make some special memories and see the brighter side of every situation. Some things are meant to be, so gimmie your best and leave the rest to me. Leave it all to me, leave it all to me."

Just leave it all to me.

Hey guys! This selection isn't part of the story, just a note from the author. Thanks to all of you who read and voted on this story! I get so happy when I see my stories increasing in views. I really enjoyed making it, and there should be more works coming up soon.👍