Dancing : Chapter 1

The music room is empty just the way I expected it to be. It was now a storage room for the old instruments as a new music department was built. I come in here to play the piano when I feel inferior; no one comes in here anymore so it's perfect for when I want to be alone. My parents have recently passed in a plane crash so my Grandma looks after me.

I start to play my favourite song - Dancing On My Own by Calum Scott. I sing the words whilst my hands work at the black and white keys.

"But you don't see me standing here..." I sing the last line and note and I just stare at the keys before me. The sound that comes from the piano is full of colour and passion but the piano itself is black and white with no colour nor passion. How something so beautiful can come from something so dark?

"What are you doing here."

A cold voice came from behind me. It was Levi Ackerman: the boy who everyone was afraid of, the boy who was every girls crush, the boy who was cold hearted. I was in year 8 and the oldest for that fact; apparently he was the oldest in year 10.

"I could ask you the same thing." I say keeping my back to him.

I wasn't scared of him and I don't think he's what people say.

"What's your name?"

"F/n l/n." I answer.

"You?" I say trying to act like I didn't know.

"I'm sure you already know brat."

"Who doesn't know you, hmm?"

I stand up and grab my bag. Saying 'Goodbye' as I leave.

"It was amazing."

"What?"

I turn around and see Levi leaning on the side of the wall, arms crossed. He looked at me and his grey-blue eyes pierced right through me. He ran his hand through his hair and sighed.

"I said it was amazing, the way you played and sang." I smiled at him.

"Thanks!" He seemed to faintly smile back at me.

He looks really handsome when he smiles.

"You never did answer my question though."

Oh. Right. Yeah. Everyone is afraid of him so I guess trusting him may make him feel better? I don't know... but who am I to tell? My friends won't understand.

"I guess I just feel inferior to everyone at the moment."

I say leaving out my parents.

"I don't see why, you idiot. You sounded superior me." Those words made me feel a little better.

"Will you be here tomorrow?" He asked looking up his eyes looked a little hopeful.

"Same time, okay?" I winked at him and then left.