Dancing : Extended

The house was always full of music, he was always so supportive which had encouraged her more and more... She was always so outgoing but awkward at the same time.

As the years went on I had noticed something... rather peculiar... something was wrong and I knew they didn't want me to know. She was had been in an accident that I knew of but she never told me the injuries.

Her fingers had been crushed.

I had visited her in hopital but she always had her hands covered.

"I'm okay! I'll be better before you know it!" How could she still smile? When her fingers had been crushed?

I had first noticed when her piano playing wasn't flowing with her enjoyment and love.

The keys were pressed too hard, the sound was full of force and sorrow and the keys were out of tune.

He said for her to stop but she was stubborn and continued to play.

He was scared.

I was too.

She winced in pain every time she pressed the keys.

"Stop." I said to her one day.

"Stop."

"Stop."

"Stop."

She still refused but he cried for her to cease playing that caused her so much pain.

For the rest of her days, she had spent her life without the joy of playing her most beloved instrument.

He had played for her. He had took lessons for her. But he had died soon after leaving her in utter pain.

"Don't go." I had said.

"Don't go."

"Don't go."

"Don't go."

Though he didn't listen.

And neither did she.

She had died soon after.

Their coffins lay next together on the table. Decorated with white roses, the rings rest in my palm. Everyone dressed in black looks at me as I make my way over to the black grand piano.

No words need to be said as I sit in front of the black and white keys.

Tears form in my eyes before I flood with tears keeping my posture. Erwin and Hanji nod at me to keep going.

I start play the notes for Dancing On My Own.

"This is for you... Mom... Dad..."