Chapter 2

I woke up sprawled across the basement floor.

My bones ached and I looked around the dark room and pulled myself up onto the couch. How the hell did I end up down here? I don't remember leaving my bed last night! I got up and wrapped the thin cozy blanket around myself and walked up the stairs. I walked into the kitchen, As usual beer cans, Wine bottles, Joints, Broken wine glasses, Covered every inch of the kitchen.

I walked up to my room and combed my hair threw and Pulled it into a high messy bun. After I pulled on a pair of back skinny jeans and Then a navy blue sweater.

I grabbed my book bag and headed out the door. I pulled out my phone and saw three messages from Mason. I smiled at the thought of his nice friendly good morning texts to me.

I climbed onto the school bus and minded my own business until the ride was over.

***~***~***~***~***

I walked towards my locker and fumbled with the key in my hand. I felt strong Arm land on my shoulder "Morning lyric" He said smiling. I smiled and threw my bag inside pulling out my English textbook "Hey" I said quietly.

He grinned and stared at me "Lyric..What's under your cheek?" I grinned and touch my cheek. A tender pain shot threw my cheek. I gasped at the harsh touch and spun to my locker and looking into the mirror. I black bruise cover a park of my left cheek. The mark of knuckles on my face couldn't hide that fact that My mother had hit me last night.

"I-fell..Down the stairs! Oh I'm so clumsy!" I said pulling my makeup bag out and applying some foundation to the wound.

He grinned "Lyric..? That bruise dosen't look like just any ordinary fallen bruise.." He began.

"I fell okay?! Just drop it!" I yelled causeing him to stumble.

I walked as fast as I could straight to class. I can't believe that just happened! How could I have been so stupid not to check in the mirror before I left! I slid down into my desk as I saw Taylor walk in with her boyfriend tied to her. They were laughing and kissing and smiling, She came over and gave me a wicked Cheshire cat smile. "Aw Lyric, don't give me that look. People would like you if you were'nt such a freak...Then again even if you were not a freak they still wouldn't like you!" She said sitting down into her seat.

"Slut" I mumbled to myself. She spun around pushing her chair into my desk "What did you say?" She asked. I shook my head and sighed.

God I hate this place.

The bell rang announcing it was lunch. I walked out and headed for the library were I usually stayed during the unattended periode in the cafe.

"Lyric!!" I heard mason yell. I stopped and grinned "Come sit with me and my friends in the cafe" He said smiling. I bit my lip "I- I can't..I have never sat in there" I said blushing. He chuckled "Come on lyric.. I want you to meet my friends!" He took my hand and pulled me toward the cafateria. I felt my whole body heat up in fear. I was shaking and I felt goosebumps form on my skin.

"God lyric..It's just the cafetieria. Calm down!" He pushed open the doors to a very large room. Lit up by a giant window showing off the schools garden.

Tables and chairs surrounded the arean and almost every table was taken up. I walked closely behind Mason as we walked over and grabbed a tray.

I got a cheese burger and a fruit cup and payed for my lunch. I followed Mason as he directed me to a group of people eating there lunch.

"Hey guys, This is lyric" He said introducing them to me. They were all boys, Exept for two girls who sat on the end. They all seemed really friendly, As they were smiling.