Chapter twenty-six

Blake and I stayed up all night, or well, Blake stayed up all night while I drooled all over the bed, waiting for his parents. When I woke up the next morning, Blake was still awake, eyes glazed over, staring at the TV.

"Blake? Why don't you go take a shower? I'll go downstairs and make some breakfast and hopefully your parents will be here by the time you get out." I coax the very tired Blake into the bathroom, turning on the shower with my mind. Pretty cool huh?

"Thanks babe. I'm just really worried. I mean, they haven't even called. Maybe I should just wait a little longer.."

"No Blake," I grab his hands and look him in the eye. "You need to get yourself together. If they came home and saw you like this, you would scare them to death." He sighs.

"Your right. I love you Madi." He kisses me on the check, then he bends down and kisses my flat stomach. "And I love you too Blake Jr."

"Blake Jr?" I say skeptically, pushing his head. "If it's a boy, we are NOT naming him Blake Jr."

"We'll see." He pulls back down my shirt. "Go make me some breakfast woman."

"Get in the shower. You stink." I push him back in the bathroom and close the door. Grabbing Blake's sweatshirt off the bed, I inhale his scent and snuggle into the comfy sweatshirt. Continuing downstairs, I head towards the kitchen. A sudden smell engulfs my nostrils, and it makes me gag.

What is that smell?

It smells like copper and... Mr. and Mrs. Cole?

*Graphic content ahead*

Running towards the scent, It leads me to the garage, and what I see will scar me forever.

Mr. and Mrs. Cole are hanging down from the garage opener, their necks slit open. Blood drips down onto the cement floor, pooling underneath them. Their eyes were open but rolled in the back of their heads, faces pale and stiff. A message written in blood, their blood, was written on the wall.

'Don't think I've forgotten you Madison.'

I scream, a blood curdling scream, and fall on my ass. I try to crawl away but the blood that had spilled on the floor was now getting bigger, making me slip and slide. I continued to scream, and Blake runs into the room in nothing but a towel. One look at the scene is all it takes for him to break down. He cries out, and covers his mouth with his hands. He's like this for a second, but sees me on the floor.

Tears are streaming down his face, but he comes over to me, picking me up and walking out the garage. Once we are safely back inside the main house area, he continues to carry me back up to our room. He walks us to the bathroom, where the shower continues to run, and step inside the shower. My clothes get heavy with water as the blood is washed away, but I don't argue to take them off. I just sit in Blake's arms as we both silently cry.

*****

"Welcome to the memorial of Kristie and Kyle Cole." Blake says with a deep and blank voice. It's been a few weeks since the incident, and we were currently at the funeral of Blake's parents. The entire pack was at the cemetery, and almost all were crying. Including me.

"Kristie and Kyle were many things; great leaders, great parents, and overall great people. The moon Goddess took them too early, but I know they are watching over all of us." After a pause, Blake continued. "My mate and I will try our best to be the Alpha's they once were. We will now continue the departure ceremony."

That's my cue. I stand up, and it's hard not to hear the giant gasp that sounds throughout the entire pack when they take in my bulging tummy. One month of my pregnancy had passed, but thanks to the course of events that happened the night we found the bodies, I hadn't left the house at all. I walked up to the two caskets where Blake stood.

Ready? I ask him through our link

No. He replies.

Grabbing his hand, we light a candle and hold It in the air so the smoke could raise up to the moon, signaling the diseased moving on from our world to the moon Goddesses realm. "Your with the moon Goddess now." Blake says quietly, eyes tearing up again. Once the ceremony is over, I hug him and let him cry into my shoulder.

"I'm sorry for being so weak Madi." He mumbles into my neck, and I push him away. Now I'm pissed.

"Blake Cole, you are not being weak! Your hurting and you've lost your parents. You have the right to be upset, but that doesn't mean your weak!" I growl, embracing him in another hug. "Everyone cries, but it doesn't make them weak. It makes them feel."

*****