Chapter Two

Chapter Two

The score was 130-10, with Ireland in the lead. Charissa leaned against the rail, cheering her team on. Cedric was cheering as well, although he seemed a little grumpy. He was going to lose the bet.

Ireland quickly scored four times. Charissa had turned her attention to their Seeker, Lynch, who had dived suddenly. Cedric jumped up as Krum went racing after Lynch. Both quickly attempted to out-cheer the other.

Krum reached out and snatched the Snitch right out from under Lynch's nose. Cedric cheered as Charissa suddenly stopped cheering. "Look at the score!" She yelled over the roar of the crowd to Cedric. "Ireland still wins!"

Cedric didn't hear her as the final score was announced and Ireland took a victory lap. Charissa was all smiles as the Irish Team passed by their seats.

"I think," Charissa said later that night as she and Cedric sat around a table in their tent. "That I win the bet."

"You won half the bet." Cedric said. "If I remember correctly, you said that Ireland would win and Lynch would get the Snitch."

"So...Tie?" Charissa suggested. Cedric sighed, obviously wishing he had won. "Tie."

There was a loud crash from outside. Mr. Diggory came running inside. He looked a bit pale. "Was that you, Dad?" Cedric asked, looking amused.

Mr. Diggory didn't laugh. He looked very serious. "Both of you, take your wands and run. I'll find you later." He ordered anxiously.

"What?" Cedric looked confused, as did Charissa.
"Go!" Mr. Diggory exclaimed. "Quickly! And stay together!"

Confused, Cedric and Charissa got up and walked out of the tent. They instantly saw why Mr. Diggory had been so nervous. The tents all around them were on fire, and a group of masked wizards was walking slowly towards them. Cedric grabbed Charissa's hand and began to sprint, winding through the tents while pulling Charissa behind him.

"This way!" He exclaimed, backtracking a little. They skidded to a halt as the masked men appear in front of them. "Okay, maybe not that way!" Cedric yelled, letting go of Charissa as he changed directions. "Towards the forest!"

Charissa paused for a second to regain her footing before sprinting after Cedric, fear coursing through her. "Oof!" She exclaimed as she tripped over a fallen tent leg. "Cedric!"

The masked men were gaining on her as Charissa tried to lift the bar of metal off her foot, but it was stuck under heavy fabric. Cedric ran back and lifted the metal up, allowing Charissa to climb out and start running again just as the men caught up. They sprinted off to the forest, not stopping until they had reached the cover of the woods.

Charissa leaned against a tree, panting. She reached down to grab her ankle. "Ow." She muttered as she put pressure on it.

"What's wrong?" Cedric asked.

"I think I twisted it when I got it caught." Charissa winced.

"Well, well, well," A drawling voice came from the woods. "So you did go somewhere. I'll have to tell Father you're staying with Half-bloods now."

"Go away, Draco!" Charissa hissed through gritted teeth as she leaned against Cedric for support.

"Mother will be disappointed, she was truly hoping you'd see clearly." Draco continued, stepping out to where Charissa and Cedric could see him.

"Speaking of Father, he's one of them in the masks, isn't he?" Charissa asked angrily.

"Now, why would I tell you anything?" Draco responded. "Y'know, you should really get that checked out." He added as Charissa let out a gasp as another round of pain shot through her leg.

"I'm fine!" Charissa muttered. "So I'm right, then? That Father's out there? And that's why you're hiding in the woods?"

"Well, why are you in the woods?" Draco avoided her question. "Not trying to make out with your boyfriend are you? Word of advice, sis, he's way too old for you."

"He's not my boyfriend!" Charissa exclaimed at the same time as Cedric cried "She's not my girlfriend!" Both of them turned bright red.

Draco rolled his eyes. "Wait until Father hears about this." He grinned.

"What are you even here for, Draco?" Charissa sighed, still annoyed by his last comment.

"Oh, you know, to bug you." Draco said, knowing this would annoy Charissa even further.

It did. Charissa reached into her robes and pulled out her wand. Cedric reached up and stopped her from Jinxing him. "He's not worth it." Cedric said. "C'mon, let's find another spot. I'll help you."

Before they could walk off, the sky lit up with a pale green light. Charissa whipped around to the sky and squealed in fear. Lighting up the sky was a skull and snake, a Dark Mark. It was a mark Charissa remembered seeing on her father's arm when she was younger. Even Draco looked a bit paler, but only slightly.

"Charissa, come on!" Cedric exclaimed upon seeing the Mark. He helped her through the maze of the forest until they couldn't see the sky anymore. He gently set Charissa down on a rock. She stretched out her leg, thinking that might help her ankle.

"We'll wait here for my dad." Cedric decided, and began pacing the small clearing between the two trees they were by.

About an hour later, Mr. Diggory's voice came cutting through the trees. "Cedric! Charissa! Are you there?" He called.

"Over here, Dad!" Cedric called back. "Rissa's injured her ankle!"

Mr. Diggory came running into the clearing. He pulled Cedric into a hug for a second before turning to Charissa. "What happened?" He asked her.

"I tripped and got my ankle caught under a tent piece." Charissa explained. "I think I twisted it."

Mr. Diggory took a look quickly. "It's just a mild sprain, nothing that some ice shouldn't heal." He waved his wand and conjured up a brace. "Put this on. It'll keep it from getting more injured until we get back to the house."

"Thank you." Charissa said, slipping the brace on and standing up, using Cedric as a balance. "Who shot off the Mark?" She asked, shuddering a bit.

"Apparently, Barty Crouch's house elf." Mr. Diggory answered.

"No!" Cedric gasped, disbelieving. Mr. Diggory nodded. "It's all rather unfortunate... But come along, we'll have plenty of time to talk later."