Chapter Six

Chapter Six

It was late October. Beauxbatons and Durmstrang would be arriving today, in an hour actually. Charissa and her friends were rushing back to the the Hufflepuff dormitory to put up their bags, excited.

Five minutes later, Professor Sprout was lining them up next to Slytherin in the entrance hall to the castle. Somehow, Charissa ended up mixed in with the fourth years. "Charissa, dear, pull your hair back." Professor Sprout said, willing to let her stay where she was, as it would have been hard to move her back with the second years.

"Thought about how you're going to enter yet?" A drawling voice whispered to the back of her head.

Charissa tried to ignore him and continued backwards braiding her hair.

"Oh, you haven't." Draco squished between the Slytherin next to Charissa. He reached down and ruffled her hair, causing the braid Charissa had spent five minutes on to fall apart.

Angrily, Charissa reached up to flatten her hair. How dare he? Messing with her hair was something Draco had done back when they were younger and best friends. How dare he do that now, acting like her brother? "Stop it, Draco." Charissa hissed.

"You're still going to enter, right?" Draco asked.

"Yes, of course." Charissa replied.

"Could always have an older student enter you." Draco suggested.

"What, like you?" Charissa scoffed. "Why are you being helpful, Draco?"

"Mother asked me to." Draco muttered quietly. Charissa could barely hear him.

"Mr. Malfoy, if you are just going to annoy your sister, I'll going to ask you to move." Professor Sprout came over to them. Draco instantly fell silent.

"Look!" Someone exclaimed, pointing up at the sky. What looked like flying horses had appeared, flying closer and closer. Finally, they reached Hogwarts and landed with a thud. A boy in blue robes jumped out and fumbled with something. Charissa couldn't see. "What's he doing?" She asked the kid next to her, momentarily forgetting it was Draco.

"I think he's messing with steps of some sort." Draco whispered back.

An extremely large woman stepped out of the carriage. She was tall enough that Charissa could see her over the tops of the third and fourth years in front of her.

The Beauxbatons students began to file out of the carriages. They were all wearing blue robes and walking silently. The Hogwarts crowd parted, allowing the Beauxbatons students to follow their Headmistress inside.

There was another cry of "Look" as an odd rushing sound had come from the lake. Charissa jumped up and down, trying to see, but couldn't. She heard Draco give an annoyed sigh behind her before reaching down and picking her up so she could see. "Thanks." Charissa muttered.

The waters of the lake seemed to be parting, and something was most definitely emerging from them. Within no time, what seemed to be a ship's mast had emerged. "You can put me down now." Charissa said. She would be able to see the massive ship even from behind the third years.

The Durmstrang students were all wearing fur coats as they marched off the ship. "Draco, is that-is that Viktor Krum?" Charissa exclaimed, recognizing the famous Quidditch player as he walked inside the castle with Durmstrang. Draco didn't respond, merely looked like he had a few tricks up his sleeve.

Charissa met up with Cedric and the girls as they walked into the Great Hall behind Dumbledore. "Did you see him?" Charissa whispered excitedly. "I didn't know Viktor Krum was still in school!"