Chapter 3

= Zymir =

The door bell rings, interrupting me and Savion's game. I press the pause button and go to answer it. When I open the door Arion is standing there looking sad.

"Hey babe, what's wrong?"

"My parents are arguing again. Can I hang here for a little while?"

"Yea, of course." I step aside to let her come in and close the door. She walks into the living room, and I follow behind her. So, her parents are planning on getting a divorce, and Arion thinks she is the cause. The night she told me, I spent three hours trying to tell her that it is not her fault, trying to get her to see why it was not her fault, and even after all that, she still does not believe me. So, now I am just there for her any time she needs me.

"Hey Sav."

"Hey Ari." His phone starts ringing and he digs it out of his pocket to answer. "Hello?...Nah ma, I'm at Zymir's house....I did clean my room.....Yes I did, this morning after you and dad left....I don't know why it is messed up, I---no ma'am, I am not raising my voice." He rubs his face in irritation. "Well maybe the twin brats know what happened to it....YES, they always in my room without permission....aiight ma...LOVE YOU!" He snorts, then hangs up the phone.

"Diamond and Dominique been in your room again?" They are his twin sisters.

"Yes...so damn annoying. Look, I'm gonna head out though."

"You sure? We didn't even finish the game." I know why he really leaving. We both cut our eyes over at Arion who is lost in her phone.

"Yea, it's cool. I will just save your ass whooping until next time."

"Mane, whatever!" I get up off the couch and walk him to the door. He opens the door, and I step out behind him. "You know she gone say something." I close the door to make sure Arion does not hear us.

"So, she don't like me anyways. She will get over it. Besides, even if I did like her, I felt like a cockblocker." I laugh and we dap off.

"Whatever man, see you later." He nods at me then walks towards his car. I check our mailbox for any mail, and when I see there is none, I close the door. I walk back into the living room and plop down on the couch by Arion, who is now watching TV. She shifts so that she is leaning into me and wraps her arms around my waist, laying the remote on my stomach. I wrap my right arm around her shoulders and pick the remote up with my left.

"Why does he not like me?" I glance down at her and she is looking up at me. I take a sigh and keep searching through the guide.

"He does like you," I lie. She shakes her head.

"No he does not Zymir. Why doesn't he?"

"What makes you think Sav does not like you? Why does it even matter? You my girlfriend, I like you!" I turn her onto her back and get in her face. "You like me too?" I kiss her nose, her cheeks, her neck, saying 'do you?' in between each kiss. She is giggling so hard and trying to push me off.

"Get oooofff!" She tries to push against me and I just laugh. I finally give in, and lift off of her. She wraps her arms around my waist again, and lays her head on my chest. "Play too much!" I laugh and release myself from her grip so that I can get up and go to the bathroom.

When I get back from the bathroom, Arion is laying down and flipping through channels with the remote. I go and lay down with her so that I can lay my head on her shoulder and wrap my arms around her, pulling her closer. I can feel her body heat on my face as I press it into the crook of her neck. She takes her hand and starts rubbing it through my hair. Time for me to take a nap, I'm tired anyways.