Chapter 4

ⓉⒷ

•Nicole's POV•

It's been weeks and things have been a bit weird, you could say that. Carter gets all defensive when I bring Ashley up in our conversations. And he would always walk away from me.

"Hey, Nicole I better leave since it's getting dark," Ashley said.

"Yeah, I know your dad blah blah blah," I said dismissively.

"Hahaha, you got that right! Toodles!" She said leaving me alone.

She's always like that leaving early but it's a good thing, to be honest. At least for an hour before the pack patrol arrive with Carter, I can cook dishes for him and the rest of the pack.

It was getting late and the whole pack was at the dinning area ready to satisfy their appetite. The pack patrol arrived just in time like the usual so I served the food.

I was so busy tending to all the pack members when I noticed Carter wasn't here. Where could he be? He should've been here with them.

"Kaden, have you seen Carter?" I asked Beta Kaden frantically.

"Oh, somewhere fun," he playfully laughed to himself.

"Tell me," I pleaded.

"Pathetic," he snarled, " Oh, speak of the devil and he shall appear."

Carter appeared in the hall, all furious and intense. He quickly entered our room, slamming the door earning the whole pack's attention.

They were all silent and suddenly looked at each other. I was becoming nervous all of a sudden and left the crowd to fend for my mate.

I entered the room to be faced with my tensed mate, pacing back and forth, not even noticing my presence.

"Carter, what is it?" I asked him nervously.

"It's you! It's all because of you!" He seethed through his teeth.

"What? What did I do now?" I asked innocently.

Instead of answering, Carter pushed me against the wall and took a firm grasp of my arms, leaving no space for struggling.

"I will mark you, Nicole. Isn't that what you've always wanted?" He stated emotionlessly.

"No, Carter. I swear....," He cut me off.

"Just shut up," He stated repulsively, "You should know better that no one's here to help you."

I was about to protest when he placed his hand to my mouth, leaving muffled noises and barely audible sounds.

He then immediately sunk his teeth in the nape of my neck. The flesh ripped off and I felt blood trickling off my skin. My head started spinning, black dots started appearing ready to engulf me.

The pain will turn to immense pleasure, they say. But I guess since I resisted this must have had to happened.

From all the insults to immeasurable pain, I just had to suffer them all.

I am hopeless right from the start.

Exactly, who was I to expect any better?

Who was I?

Vote and Comment

Really short chapter! =)

To be honest, this chapter is too dramatic for my liking.

Just a filler, since I haven't updated for quite some time. I've been very busy.... Really busy.... -.-

ABC

Vote

Comment

Fan

Check out my other book....

Suddenly A Stranger