Chapter 7

Hi guys!

I'm finally back after 4 years hahaha 😂 I got bored and decided to look back on what I used to do. I noticed a lot has changed here in wattpad and thru the years, my writing style has changed as well. I'll try my best to write this story with the same flow but I might have to shift from time to time the way I depict the characters' thoughts to better deliver what I have in mind. Tbh, before leaving wattpad this book barely had any readers so I didnt really expect the views to blow up to more than 90k. So finally, with the overwhelming response, I decided to write recreationally again, something I haven't done for quite a while. The long wait is finally over. I'll try to make it a point to finish this story. I hope you guys enjoy 💗

*****
Carter left home early without even any prior notice. I guess he's still pissed off. It's nothing new but it still hurt every time.

Someone suddenly started knocking on the door. I hesitantly opened it and I was surprised to see Alpha George. I bowed my head in respect.

"No need for that dear," the Alpha said genuinely, "I was here to tell you that since Carter has left for the week, I'm going to ask Kaden to spend the whole week with you."

"Yes, Alpha," I said courteously.

He left and I wondered why didn't Carter tell me he was leaving for a week, and I'm assuming he's on pack business. Am I really that worthless to him?

I made myself breakfast and showered afterwards. I heard footsteps downstairs. It must be Kaden already.

"Hey, Kaden," I said cheerfully.

"Where will I be staying?" He said on a serious note.

"The room beside mine," I said leading him up the stairs.

He started fixing his clothes and I guess I better start making food for us. And sadly, here I thought having company would make things brighter.

I went downstairs and cooked pancakes for both of us. It still feels weird having Kaden around because it feels like the old times where he used to boss me around.

"Kaden, I made breakfast," I shouted and before I knew it he was already making his way downstairs," Care to join me?"

Kaden sat down across the table while I put the food on his plate and offered him orange juice. We barely made any contact while eating. Dead air filled the room. I guess this was just awkward for both of us.

After Kaden left for the party with the pack, the house feels empty. I wonder what Carter might be doing so I text him 'Hey, you didn't tell me you had to leave for the week. Can you at least give me a heads up so I don't worry? :)'

As I waited for his reply, I began doing house chores. I keep telling myself this is what I'm good at and I don't want them to see me as a burden to the pack. I began scrubbing the sink and washing the dishes while my thoughts wander off to Carter who still hasn't replied.

Oh how I wish some things can change for the better. My wolf growls in agreement.

I finally finished and moved to the Carter's bedroom area to start changing the sheets when I noticed an earring underneath the pillow. It was oddly familiar. I know I must have seen it somewhere— when suddenly a wave of nausea hits me, it's Ashley's.

I was finally able to put two and two together. The scent and now the earring in his room. They've been together all this time. I should've known the moment Ashley gave Carter that sultry look when they first met.

It hurts to know that my best friend betrayed me. I feel so lost and hurt over the fact that they actually had the audacity to do it right in my face. I retreat back to my bedroom and lay in bed as tears slowly flow through my cheeks, dampening my pillow as darkness takes over me.

This has got to be the best party yet. Carter's going to feel sorry he missed out on this. As I take another shot of liquor, I wave goodbye to the pack and head off to the front door.

I kept fumbling for my keys as I look for my car in the driveway. I pass by a couple of people making out and vomiting in the lawn. Finally spotting my car, I turn on the ignition and drive my way to Carter's place finding it funny how blurry the cars passing seem to be.

The headache suddenly started to envelope me as I parked the car and made my way to the living room. All the lights are turned off so I wonder where Nicole might be.

I made my way upstairs to find her door open. I felt bad for treating her the way I used, knowing that Carter, her very own mate, treats her like the rest of the pack does, someone who's worthless.

She looked so innocent under the moonlight. I slowly made my way to wake her up and let her know I was here already when I finally noticed the bruises around her arms. Am I seeing right? Or am I just too drunk?

I pressed my hand against her arm only to see her squirm in her sleep. How —how could Carter do this to her own mate? He was supposed to be the Alpha who will one day lead this pack.

Pain suddenly started scorching through my core. I jolted awake only to find Kaden pressing my arm. He suddenly let go seeing me awake but the burning sensation wouldn't stop.

"Help," I yelped, "Help me please."

A noticeable wave of rush suddenly hit Kaden as he tried to figure out what was going on with me. The wave of pain continues to hit me as if I was being punched repeatedly. The mark on my neck started to sting and burn so much.

He tries to help me sit upright while I whiffed and notice the smell of liquor as he helps alleviate the pain. I kept squirming in pain and he kept pacing back and forth lost on what to do. He finally got to his senses and just as he was about to call the pack doctor, I felt the pain subside slowly.

Kaden rubbed my back as he tried to console me, letting me know he was there for me. He understood the moment I started crying. We both knew what this meant — Carter was cheating on me.

*****
So what do you guys think?

Check out my other book:
Suddenly A Stranger