Chapter 5

ⓉⒷ

•Nicole's POV•

One year later.....

Hit.

Slap.

I felt a stinging pain in my cheek. Tears were springing down my face, I couldn't help it. This is the second time it has happened after Carter forcefully marked me.

"Listen here, bitch. You are not leaving this room until I tell you to. And cover those bruises I wouldn't want my parents seeing them. Understood?" he said while forcefully grabbing my arm.

I cowered in fear, afraid to speak and get hit again. I tried to suppress my sobs but failed miserably as he hit my stomach.

"Answer me when I'm talking to you," he said aggressively.

"Ye-yes," I stuttered submissively.

"Good," he said slamming the door and leaving me alone to fend for myself.

I was sobbing continuously when I heard a knock on the door. I opened the door and faced Ashley. She's the only one who knows about my situation but when I looked into her eyes all I saw was pain and regret?

And it all started a few days before
my birthday.....

*flashback*

"Happy birthday," Ashely said looking all despaired.

"Thank you," I grinned, "Why you so gloomy, old chap'?"

"Oh, it's nothing. Don't worry about me. It your day!" she said enthusiastically but I knew deep inside something was bothering her.

The event began and ended. Everybody has already left and said their goodbyes. The night's already ending and I haven't even shifted yet. I was in despair and looked for Carter but when I found him he looked disgusted when I saw him.

Then and there I knew I failed him. Days turned to weeks, weeks turned to months but I still didn't shift. After 3 months without shifting, Carter started being repugnant with idea of me not shifting and with that the he started the beating.

During the beginning, Carter said he was sorry and did not mean it. I accepted it believing that I deserved it but I was glad Ashley was there for me. But Carter, it now seems like he takes pleasure seeing me in pain.

But I will have to accept it because he's my mate....

*end of flashback*

But now when I think about it I just want to run away. I can't help but consider doing so since I have no family and was just taken into this pack I always thought, why not?

Ashley enclosed me in an embrace to help me soothe the pain when I smelt something from her, a very faint scent but one I'm all too familiar with.....

Cliffhanger :P

I was planning on ending it but since I'm feeling inspired. Here goes something.....

Enjoy. =)

•Unknown's POV•

The guilt is eating me up. I can't bare to see her like this. She was all but a good person and I know and hope that she will understand when the day comes.

•Carter's POV•

This my life and everything sucks. Nicole is now 18; therefore, my plan can push through. I will finally take the Alpha seat and leave her to be with one I love truly. And I effing (Sorry, guys! I'm not really fond of profanities.) almost fell for the damn girl. This mate bond will soon be broken. If that girl did shift, things may have been different. I can't bare beating her but it's only the best way to get rid of the feeling I get.

My wolf is getting weaker by time but he will get stronger again when I mate with a different woman. I constantly block him for all he ever does is make me regret the decisions but all those decisions are for the pack and I's benefit.

"Is it really?" my wolf said.

Vote and Comment

Guess who!!! :)

Just wanted to tell you guys that I really wanted to eat PANCAKES while writing this. It inspired me and I mean it literally! Lol!! Hope you liked this chapter!! Till the next chapter! Stay tuned!!

anGELATIN

Vote

Comment

Fan

Check out my other book....

Suddenly A Stranger