Chapter 6

ⓉⒷ

•Nicole's POV•

That smell.....

Lasagna.

With Grilled Steak!

Ok, just messing!!

Let's try that again! ☻

That scent....

It seems too familiar.

I can't seem to put a name to it. She's my friend and I trust her but why does it seem as if she was trying to hide the scent.

I remove myself from the warmth she provided me for a while. I can't take this. It seems surreal. I told Ashley to give me space and she hesitantly agreed.

This has to be some sick joke, a lie but now I can finally connect the pieces.

*flashback*

It was past midnight and Carter still wasn't home. Something could've happened to him. I'm getting pretty worried since he already started to accept me and I don't really want things to change now.

I was walking around the house incessantly when I heard keys fumbling on the front door. He entered the house looking like he just sobered up.

"Carter, where were you," I said trying my best to please him as my mate.

"Nowhere," he said gruffly.

"Okay? Well do you want to eat?"

"Does it look like I'm hungry?" he said grumpily, "Of course I've eaten outside."

"Well weren't you supposed to be home earlier?" I said eyeing him.

"Shouldn't you be asleep by now?" he retorted.

"Touché!"

"Can you just go to bed? My headache's just getting worse because of you yapping and yapping! Can't you just shut up?" he said walking away.

I ran up the stairs to our bedroom while shedding tears I never thought I'd ever have to cry again. But then I had to be strong, one day I'd be a Luna and a Luna always has to be strong.

I tried sleeping but just rolled around the bed profusely. Curiously got the best of me, I was hoping to ask him to come up already and to say that I was just only concerned.

I tiptoed my way downstairs and saw Carter sleeping on the couch. He looked so peaceful and I decided to approach him to wake him up since he need not to sleep here. I sat beside him and smelt something all too familiar, I just didn't quite catch the scent since it was getting fainter.

Deciding to ignore it, I just left him there and went to bed. But I never really got any sleep. That scent was just something else. Where was Carter?

I tried calling Ashley the following morning when she finally answered she too seemed lost in her own world.

Phone Call :

"Hey Ashley do you know where Carter was last night?" I asked hesitantly.

"What?" she exasperated defensively, "How would I know?"

I was trying my best to corner her since she might really know something. She gets around quite a lot and everybody just adores her. Someone might've spilled something to her.

"I don't know, just wondering. Since you might've 'seen' him last night," I emphasized.

"Uh, I think so," she gulped, "I-I think I saw him last night with this girl who was flirting with him?!"

"Oh okay...," I said ending the call.

I don't know what she said sounded more like a question to herself than me. Carter, my mate, tell me what are you up to.

*end of flashback*

Is Ashley covering up for Carter?

My head was in daze. I just don't know what to expect longer. But I must get my head straight however; I honestly don't want to believe this. And assuming would do me no good. I better confirm my suspicions with Ashley soon. I don't wanna lose Carter.

Vote and Comment

Hey guys! I'm sorry I've been really busy but I finally got something that I've really wanted for a long time so I hope you understand me! ☺️ Hope you enjoyed! Will be posting more soon since I owe you guys a lot...

~A~

Vote

Comment

Fan

Check out my other book....

Suddenly A Stranger