#6

Her blood-drenched hands clenched his chest, pulling him to her closely as months, even years, of pain poured out of her. All John could do was to hold her close, if not closer than she was forcing herself to be, and hope that the painful tears would cease soon so that he could try to talk to her.

It seemed like forever until Amanda's sobs began to lessen. She sniffed and let go of John. He looked into her eyes and then at her thighs again.

'Do you want to talk? '

Amanda nooded quietly. Somehow, even at the worst moments, she managed to make herself look like a model. She was so gorgeous.

John shifted himself to face her directly.' Well, before that happens, I would appreciate it if you would allow me to dress your wounds'

Amanda nodded sheepishly and, slightly blushing, spread her legs only a little. All while picking up her beloved box of emotions, which had been lying next to her, and handing it to him.

John nodded, as if to thank her, and lowered himself before her. Opening the box and taking out some rubbing alcohol and raggedy bandages. He grabbed a cloth that had been lying in the floor and soaked it in the alcohol.

He stared up at her and smiled as he began to wipe away the blood from her legs. She hadn't lost too much, thankfully.  As he continued with his work, he heard her hiss and wince at the sting that the medicine brought. But that was what she would get, he thought, if she decided to harm herself so badly.

John sat the cloth aside, grabbing the bandages. He lifted her leg slightly and began weaving the cloth around it. After he finished he moved onto the next one. He worked slowly so that he would be able to dress each of her wounds.

Soon enough, however, he was finished. When he stared at her face, he noted a small smile played upon her thin pink lips. Good, he thought, she had seemed to loosen up a bit.

John placed himself back next to her. All right, now it was time to talk. He faced her directly again, giving her a look of seriousness.

'We're going to talk about this now. 'He announced, but it was unneeded.

Amanda shrugged.

'  Why do you keep doing this to yourself? ' He asked bluntly. He reached over and pushed a strand of hair away from her face and behind her ear.