Chapter 2

I opened my eyes slowly and lifted myself up. My entire body felt like it was hit by a car. I stood up and limped to the bathroom to wash up. I closed the door gently behind me because I was unsure if the others were asleep or not. I looked in the mirror and tilted my head up. I ran my fingers softly along the bruises that were starting to form on my neck and winced at the pain. Tears started to rise in the corners of my eyes, but I instantly blinked them away. No. I am a big girl and I can handle this. Everything will be alright, it'll all be okay.

I turned the faucet on and splashed cold water on my face. A little splashed against my neck, but it felt good. Shaking my hands dry, I turned the faucet off. I opened the door and tiptoed out into the room. Angel's night stand had her lamp on, while Nia's was off and her figure under the sheet was fast asleep.

I walked to my bed and sat facing Angel. I couldn't tell what she was doing because she had her head hanging down above her lap and she was sitting with her legs crossed on her bed. I touched her shoulder gently and she jolted up. Her eyes filled with different emotions before settling on reassurance when she saw me. I gave her a small smile and released my hand.

"How are you?" She asked her voice filling with concern. "We weren't sure if you were ever going to wake up again."

I peered at Nia's sleeping figure before settling my eyes on Angel and I shrugged. "I'm okay. I'll be fine."

"She fell asleep, don't judge her."

"Where were you before you got here? There must be some kind of connection to how we all got here."

She uncrossed her legs and waved toward her outfit. She had on a white crop top that came over her flat chest with high waist blue jean pants covering her belly button and red and white converse shoes that were tossed aside near her bed.

"I was at a club enjoying the night out with my friends," She smiled at the thought of it. "I can't remember now why we went, but we were having a blast at Club Seltzer!"

I frowned. "Club Seltzer? I think I was there too!"

She turned and scrunched up her nose a little in disgust. "Are you sure? I mean no offense, but people of your skin color are not usually there."

I crossed my brown arms over my brown chest and rolled my brown eyes. "Now is not the time to discuss racial issues and equality. What did you drink? Did you drink anything that made you feel any different? How did you feel when you woke up today?"

"I woke up feeling a little sick. I don't think I had that much to drink though," She scratched her head. "There was this one drink that I drunk though that my friends made me drink."

I watched her bite her lip in concentration and she tapped her fingers against her mouth. All of a sudden, she snapped her fingers. "Heaven! That was the name of the drink."

"That's a weird name for a drink," I said. "I didn't drink that at all, so how did I get here?"

Her eyes widened. "Do you think he could have poisoned me?"

I shrugged. "Possibly. Do you remember what you did afterwards?"

"I remember feeling off, but I didn't want to disappoint my friends. So I left and went for a walk to walk it off, then I woke up here."

"You must have passed out," I said lost in thought.

She nodded.

I leaned back and stared at the ceiling as I remembered that night.

Different colors of neon lights were blinking on and off flashing all different bodies and unfamiliar faces. There were many people dancing and grinding on the dance floor to some song that had an incredible beat. Not too many people were at the bar, so that's where my friend and I started our evening there.