Chapter 6

I woke up to the sounds of chaos. There were loud sounds of banging against the door and lots of screaming and yelling. I couldn't quite understand what was being said yet because my senses were still trying to wake themselves up.

I yawned and sat up scratching my side. "What's going on?"

I didn't think they heard me because the banging and the screaming just got louder. It was getting so high that I tried covering my ears to block out the shrill sound.

"Shut up!" I got out of bed and raised my voice as high as theirs. "Stop screaming. Shut up already, please!"

They abruptly stopped. All of a sudden, they started to turn slowly one by one. The first one that turned to me was the dead corpse of my mom. I held back a gasp and stepped backwards horrified of what I was witnessing. She had faded makeup on from her funeral and one eye almost popping out, while the other was an empty socket. Her nose was crushed inwards and her jaw broke whenever she spoke. Her flesh was still decomposing and in some places it was hanging from her face.

When my dad turned, both of his eyes were gone. His empty sockets had a couple of bugs crawling out of it and it made me want to puke. He still had that wide smile he used to wear all the time, but his teeth were broken and decaying that had holes in it with tiny maggots crawling out.

They were both wearing their funeral attires. My dad in his tux with a light green tie, but it turned dark since it got mixed in with the earth. My mom had on a light pink woman's suit with a red rose on the right side of her chest. It had green and brown patches on it from the earth just like my dad's suit did.

I tried moving my feet to run, but it was like my feet had melted itself into the floor that I couldn't escape. They reached me and started to pull at my arms and clothes. I cried out for help and tried fighting them off, but I couldn't. They were my parents, so I didn't want to hurt them.

"Celia, why didn't you stop us?" They said moaning each word.

"I tried," I said tasting the salt from the tears that were streaming down my face now. "I told y'all not to, that I could have went out there for y'all."

"You could have tried harder, Celia. Celia. Why? Why!"

I covered my ears and closed my eyes. I rocked myself back and forward. I waited until this nightmare was over and I waited until they stopped tugging at me. Finally, they did and the moans faded into silence. When I uncovered my ears and opened my eyes, I was standing up in a room.

The room was dark and I couldn't see anything. I tried letting my eyes adjust to the darkness, but the room suddenly became lit. It was small and there was absolutely nothing in this room. I was facing a door that was the only way in and out. I started to walk towards it when Durst's voice rang out.

"I thought you were going to do better than that," He said.

I froze in my tracks and looked around. "Where are you?"

"I'm disappointed in you, Celia," He said. "You made yourself appear stronger than you actually are."

"You don't know me! Who do you think you are?"

The only answer I heard was the door unlocking. I hesitated before opening the door and exiting out of the empty room. I hurried to our room and saw Angel and Nia asleep. I didn't know what time it was, but I didn't feel like going to sleep. I sat on my bed instead and waited. I listened to the other's breaths as they slept and wondered how Durst was able to make me see what I just saw. How did he know about my parents? I wanted to wrap my hands around his throat and strangle him. How dare he look into my personal life like that! He had no right to.

I got up and went to the dresser. I opened one of it's drawers slowly and looked for a long t-shirt. I pulled out a black shirt and went to the bathroom. I undressed then stepped into the shower. I turned the water on and stood there until the water turned warm, then my body relaxed.

Sounds of rain started to fill my ears. It started as a soft pour, then it became a heavy roar of raindrops pounding the ground. I was in my apartment at my desk studying for college. Finals were in two weeks and I was ready for summer break.

My cell phone started to ring and I picked it up seeing my parent's wedding picture. It was my mother calling, sliding the answer button to answer I put the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey, C," My mom said.

"Hey, what's up?" I put my shoulder to my ear to hold my phone.

"Your father and I are getting ready to go pick up some groceries from the store," She began to sound distant. "Do you mind coming over to watch the house?"

I immediately got up from my chair and started to look for my keys.

"Mom, it's pouring outside," I sat and began to put my shoes on, "I can't let y'all drive in that type of weather. I got y'all. Let me do it."

All of a sudden there was a pounding on the door. I turned and realized the pounding sounded more closer than ever.

"Celia! Celia!" A voice said with each bang on the door they took.

I don't know how long I've been in the shower and I must have forgotten that I was in there.

"Yes?" I said turning the water off.

"Can you hurry up, please?" Angel said. "I have to pee."

I grabbed a big towel off the wall hanger already starting to dry myself off. "I'll be right out."

Quickly after I put on my undergarments, I was sliding the black T-shirt over my head when someone burst in the door. I pulled the shirt down immediately and saw Durst standing in the doorway of the bathroom.

"Time to go," He said with a slight crooked smile.