Chapter 7

"I'm not going anywhere with you," I said planting my feet on the ground. "You freak."

He stormed over to me and threw me over his shoulder. I pounded his back with my fists as hard as I could as he made his way back to the room. I clenched onto the walls of the bathroom before he yanked me away from it. He tried to steady my squirming body as I wiggled and tried to kick anything that would help me to escape this crazy man. 

  When my feet hit the ground, I tried to run away from him. His hand grabbed a huge chunk of my hair that made me hit the ground. He dragged me out the room, but paused at the top of the stairs. He leaned down until we were face to face and his eyes were locked on mine.

"You have two options," He said. "Come with me willingly or have this day continue to be rough like it started."

He yanked my head back to face him for emphasis and I winched in pain. I tried to pry his fingers off my head, but he squeezed tighter. The pain was becoming too overwhelming to bear. I sighed in defeat.

"Good girl," He smiled straightening up and offering a hand.

Ignoring it, I stood up on my own. I took my time to walk down the stairs and I paused when I got to the bottom. He passed me and grabbed my wrist on his way to the front door. It wasn't forced though. It was a gentle touch where he was not breaking my wrist. I was tiny compared to his athletic body. He could snap me in two without him trying.

The weather was gorgeous. The wind was blowing where it kissed my skin and let my hair fly. It felt good against my aching scalp from the bird's attack and from Durst's rough hands. I shielded my eyes from the sun as it peeked through the trees from time to time. Not once as we were walking I asked him where we were going. I thought back to what I told Nia and I needed to stick to that plan if I wanted to make it out alive.

I could see the tiny beads of sweat that glistened upon Durst's neck as we walked. We walked so far into the forest that I couldn't see the house behind us anymore. I could only see trees and trees and more trees. It would have been a beautiful place to camp out in or have a picnic, but not to get lost in. Everything looked the same to me and I didn't know how he was navigating his way through all of this. I would have had to turn back around and make a stop or two.

My patience was wearing thin. I started to open my mouth to ask if we were lost but we reached a fence that looked to stretch around his property. Durst paused turning to me before we stepped outside the fence.

He held up a black scarf for me to see then proceeded to tie it around my eyes. I stepped back before he could touch me. 

"We could do this the easy way or the hard way, Celia" He taunted while waving the scarf.

I growled as I turned around crossing my arms over my chest. He placed the scarf softly over my eyes then tied it tightly. I couldn't see nothing and the light didn't poke through the scarf at all. He placed his hand gently on my lower back as we began to walk again. He kept his hand there for the entire trek that we've been on. Not once have I tripped on a branch or anything in the way. 

Soon his hand started to lift off of my lower back. I thought it was still there but the slight pressure was gone. I stopped in my tracks.

"Go," He said pushing me a little.

I hesitated before lifting my feet off the ground to move again. Panic began to erupt out of me as I continued to walk. I started to pant not from exhaustion but from uncertainty and fear of what was happening. My hands itched to tear the scarf away from my eyes and run away from it all, but there was a small feeling inside of me that made me resist from doing that.