Chapter 15

"Get up," A voice whispered.

I twisted and turned in bed, frowning at this voice that could be speaking to me. I had no idea if it was coming from inside of my own head or if it was someone actually talking to me.

"Get up!" It's tone became harsh. 

I sat up quickly and came face to face with Durst. I wasn't completely awake because it looked like his eyes glowed with intensity in the dark. At that moment, I wanted to feel what his face felt like and trace my fingers all over the lines and curves of his face. I shook my head a little and rubbed my eyes with both my hands. That awakened me a bit and it snapped me out of his trance once more. 

"Lets go," He said rising up expecting me to follow him.

As quickly as I could, I rushed to get out of bed to follow him. I tripped over the sheets that tangoed with my legs and eventually untangled them. I slipped on the same heels I've grown into and became used to. Durst didn't provide any shoes at all besides clothes, so these were all I had. They were close to breaking from all that I put these poor shoes through. 

I met Durst downstairs at the front door where he was unlocking it. He held it open for me and gestured his hand to the outside.

"After you," He said.

I hesitated not believing what I was witnessing. However, I walked slowly outside into the night and waited for Durst. I couldn't try to escape because I didn't have the energy nor the strength to. He would easily catch me and I didn't know what he would have done this time as a punishment.

He joined my side after a couple of seconds. 

"Lets go for a walk," He rubbed his hands together and started forward.

I followed him by his side and we went at a slow, steady pace. There was a cool breeze that rustled the leaves in the trees. There were more stars in the sky than what I've seen in the city. The stars illuminated the night sky, but the moon shined the brightest lighting our path in the forest. 

"Beautiful, aren't they?" Durst slid his hands into his pockets.

"Gorgeous," I looked up and smiled on the inside. 

Just because he showed me this beautiful side of nature doesn't mean I was going to ignore the reality that he woke me out of my sleep and he forced me to play his game, which led me being here in this moment.

We continued walking for a while in comfortable silence. Him with his hands in his pockets and me beginning to get tired from all the walking we did. The thoughts never escaped my mind of why were we here in the first place, but I chose to ignore them and wait until my questions were answered.

"I bet you're wondering why we're out here walking in the middle of the night," He read my mind.

"I assume it's part of the game?" I shrugged.

He nodded to himself. "I guess you could say that."

"What else is there to say?" 

He paused, which what I assumed, he was trying to find an answer to my question. "To get those muscles some exercise."

"I guess you could say that," I repeated his words.

He chuckled and looked down. I looked straight ahead to not capture his look. If I was here by choice, I would notice how cute he looked when he laughed. I would have assumed that he was shy and nervous to be out here walking with me. However, I knew this was all a trick and I was not buying it.

"Why do you blame yourself?" He blurted out of nowhere.

I stopped in my tracks and stared angrily at him. He continued to walk a couple feet ahead of me before noticing I wasn't by his side anymore. He turned and looked at me, raising an eyebrow at me as if to ask,' Why'd I stop?'