Chapter 8

The shirt was clinging to my body and I'm pretty sure I smelled like dirt, water, and sweat all mixed into one. The hike back to the house was silent and it seemed it didn't take as much as it did when we were going to our destination. When we arrived, I was shivering and I wished I would have had on some tights or something. 

As soon as Durst opened the door, I rushed past him and up the stairs to the room. I twisted the door knob and pushed against the door, but it didn't open. I smacked my lips and leaned against the wall next to the door hugging myself waiting for Durst to unlock the door. I knew he was torturing me because it took him years to get up the stairs and even longer to open the door. If it wasn't for his strength compared to my non-existent muscle, I would have etched my nails into his skin and broken every bone in his body.

I headed straight to the bathroom and didn't think to grab any clothes as I locked the door to the bathroom and threw off the shirt. I struggled a bit to get the shirt over my head at first and it frustrated me that I almost ripped the shirt. Although I wouldn't have been able to because I have no muscle or strength whatsoever. I turned the hot water on and let it run for a bit before jumping in. 

My thoughts rushed all of a sudden at once and I cradled my head in the shower. The soaked shirt showed the outline of my bra and my panties to Durst. Heat spread throughout my body in embarrassment, shame, but most of all stupidity. I should have worn something other than just a t-shirt. What was I thinking? It left me more exposed to him than I should have allowed myself to. Especially after him knowing about my parents.

The only person that knew about them was my best friend and myself. She was the only one there for me when they passed away. If it wasn't for her, I probably wouldn't be standing where I am today.

"Celia, you have finals to study for," My mom said. "Focus on that and don't worry about us."

I was about to grab the keys from under my history book and  paused sitting back down into my chair . "Are you sure, mom?"

"Yes, C. I'll call you when we make it there."

"You better," I leaned back into my office seat. "I love y'all. Be careful, please."

"You got the keys?" She said to my dad. "Of course, little girl. We love you more."

I smiled and hung up the phone already returning to my studying. 

Coldness started to strike my body and I instantly jumped back. I turned the water off and stepped out of the shower. I hope that Nia or Angel were in the room because I didn't grab any clothes to change into.

I opened the door a crack. "Nia? Angel? Are y'all there?"

There was no response. I opened the door further and peeked my head out. No one was in the room and the door was closed. I quickly made my way to the dresser and opened the drawer to find something to wear. I was pulling out a random shirt and some sweatpants when the door burst open. Immediately I squatted down besides the dresser with the clothes I grabbed covering myself.

To my disliking, it was Durst who came in and he was standing a couple inches away from me smirking. He must be enjoying himself which annoyed me.

"I think I can say that you're starting to like me." He raised an eyebrow with that stupid, crooked smirk still lingering on his face and cockiness lacing through his voice.

I rolled my eyes. "Don't flatter yourself. I just got out of the shower."

"Without me?" He faked a groan and preceded to move closer to me.

"Don't come any closer," I held the clothes against my body tighter. "Can you go away please?"

"What are you going to do, Celia?" He said inching closer.