Complete Collection 7-8

MI⑦ NT

"Levi," it was later that night, and Eren decided to be risky and seat himself on Levi's bed- of course which he needed help and Levi happily allowed him, "let's play a game."

"Hm? What type of game?"

"Something... I ask you a couple questions, and you have to answer truthfully and honestly- and no backing out of any of them, and then it'll be your turn." Eren rolled onto his back, placing his hands up in the air which were trying to reach the raven's, as he took them and squeezed gently.

"Okay, shoot."

"Where were you the other day when I almost died?" Suddenly, the atmosphere was not playful anymore, only sadness and seriousness filled it. With the only help from knowing that Eren wasn't really mad at him for not being there, Levi built up enough courage to tell him the truth.

"Well, I... I was at my friends' funeral."

Looking down at his lap, Levi became eerily quiet, and let the realization that Eren was still gripping his hand as tightly as he could while he also was silent. "Were you sad?"

"What type of fucking question is that, you shit?" Levi mean this as a way to try to break the tension, but only ended up confusing the other male who now looked at Levi over his head.

"I.. I just thought that since you seem like the type of person who either wouldn't show any feelings and express their anger or sadness, or would ignore everyone and shut them out forever... Well, it was just a thought... Sorry."

"Stop apologizing. It wasn't your fault they died, and of course I miss them." Levi paused, looking up, and then sighing. He really did miss the two of them, but he knew that they'd be fine and happy on their own, and that neither would be happy seeing him mourn over their presence. Maybe seeing them in their wonderland would make him happy, and maybe getting to say a proper goodbye would be even better. But he missed those chances, so he'd have to just apologize through thought and mind. He knew that they'd eventually forgive him, anyway. "I just wish that I didn't leave them without anymore notice than I had, and I wanted to attend their funeral but was too late."

"What happened?"

"I just went to their cremating." Levi tried to change the topic, which Eren would gladly allow, seeing how much Levi was struggling to keep his composure. "I think that's enough questions from you."

"Okay, your turn."

"What would you say if, suddenly, Mikasa and I had to head up to Germany?"

"I would let you go if you had a good enough reason."

"Why would you be so willing to let go of me?"

"Because... I don't want to stay in your way. I know I'm just a massive burden to all of you, including Mikasa, so that's why I'd step out of the way to let you go on with your life. I don't want to hold you back, Levi."

"Let's say I was leaving for you?"

"I honesty wouldn't know what to do, then." Eren let out a small, breathy laugh while still holding on to Levi's hand. The action in itself, as usual, sent tingles spreading throughout the raven's body, warming up the coldest and deepest parts of his mind that had never been touched for the longest time, maybe never. "But if you did leave; would you miss me?"

"Of course, I'm in too deep to let you go away at night."

"Right." Eren stayed silent, until he remembered another question he wanted to ask Levi. "What was your childhood like?"