| unexpected |

• (first name) •

As you were waiting for your cousin Kōushi, you had a big basket in your hand filled with cookies and other various of small nibblers. This was a celebration because your cast was removed.

Plus, you wanted to watch the happenings for the last day of the excursion.

You were sitting down the couch, waiting for your doorbell to ring. Time check, 9:32 am.

'In 3 more minutes, Kōushi will be knocking by the door.' You thought to yourself as you were humming.

3 more minutes until Kōushi comes, that's how they always were, he should never be late, he must come when the long hand strikes 35. Somehow, you were afraid that when the clock strikes to the 35th, and he wasn't there yet, you felt like you were being abandoned. Anxiety builds up in your system, so Kōushi never tries or dares to be late when he's meeting you.

9:34 am

1 more minute to go.

9:35 am

You were giddy, and you were waiting for the doorbell to ring, for your cousin to pick you up.

But there was none.

You felt a little anxious, but you told yourself to calm down.

'Maybe the Tokyo Arc is a little bit far here.. yeah.' You thought to yourself as you tried to calm down.

9:36 am..

9:37 am..

Slowly your thoughts began to poison your mind that you were slowly forgotten .

He was never this late before.

9:38 am.

The doorbell rang.

You quickly sprung up, held your basket tight and ran towards the door.

You opened it without hesitation and quickly hugged your cousin.

Or was it your cousin.

You teared up and yelled, "you're late! I thought you forgot about me!"

It was unusual, usually he'd answer back with a sorry, his height was a bit different too. But you kept on hugging him because your anxiety build up was horrible.

Slowly he patted your hair, and said, "I'm sorry for being late, (last name)-san." And it hit you.

You looked up to see Kenma.

You were startled, causing you to break the hug, stained tears left your cheeks as kenma handed you a handkerchief.

"Sugawara-senpai couldn't go..he reminded me about the time thing..and I'm sorry for being late." He said or technically mumbled as he offered out to carry the basket.

You handed him the basket but he took your hand instead, "let's go?" He mouthed as he pulled your hand .

Well this was unexpected.

• × •

A/N: not really, this is ReluctantWings and here's a pic message from Mitsy

So as she said, I'll be updating the chapters and she sends them to me so I can publish it for you, well alongside with DM5

Reluctant outtt!