women's workshop

I attended this workshop for Islamic females from 10am to 4pm. Its main topics were the duty of a women as a daughter, mother and wife in the morning and janaza prayer and rules in the afternoon.

Morning was nice and inspiring with hadees and the happenings in the world. it was led by one single woman though there were volunteers to help in back stage.

She was saying how we women let go of our hijab, how we don't take care of our parents after our marriage and how a kid does not respect its mother cause of her own negligence.

And the most touching hadhees was

" a youngster wanted to participate in one of the wars with prophet (PBUH) and when he asked his parents , they were afraid of loosing him so they denied his wish.

But the youngster without giving up went to prophet (PBUH) and said he wants to take part in the war. And the first question Mohamed (PBUH) asked was

"did your parents allow you?"

"no they are afraid of losing me" said the youngster

"then go serve your parents and come only after they allow you" said prophet (PBUH).

And there is also a hadhees which says that

Mohamed (PBUH) said "for those who look at their parents with eyes filled with care and affection will get the deeds for doing a haj without any haraam mixed in it"

And one of the sahaba's asked "what if we look at our parents with love and affection frequently everyday?"

For which Mohamed (PBUH) replied with a mocking smile "Did you think Allah is limited like you my brother sure you will get the deeds for every single time you see your parents with caring eyes"

The morning session was over with many hadhees like this and then we prayed , ate and we gathered again like at 1:20 pm. It was to be about the rules for the janaza.

This woman in the lead called , who were ready to bath and lay the kafun cloth (the white cloth in which the janaza is covered before being buried) on the janaza . so I and few sisters went forward and I thought we were about help her to lay the kafun cloth on the model which laid before us. But the reason she wanted the volunteers forward was for us to have clear view.

And to my astonishment the woman was cutting the kafun cloth for her own size and demonstrating the instruction for the measurement of the cloth by rounding the cloth on her . she was doing it very fastly which showed she had demonstrated like this many times.

But the thing that stunned me the most was that she demonstrated it for her own size subhanallah this woman must have guts and lots of love for Allah and was prepared for death anytime. Which most of us hardly would be.

And after a session of question and answering she rushed her way out as soon as it was 4:00pm while most us wanted to talk to her and congratulate for her efforts. It was harsh of her to quit that way.

But she swept our feets away since we soon found out that she had left her one and half year baby in the care of someone else for this workshop since she thought we women needed warnings frequently. Then we understood the harshness was the caring concerns of a mother about her child.

MANY PEOPLES IN THIS WORLD SPEAK ISLAM BUT ONLY A FEW TAKE ISLAM TO THEIR HEART. AND MASHALLAH THIS WOMEN WAS ONE WHO TOOK IT TO HEART I BELIEVE ( ONLY ALLAH KNOWS THE SEEN AND THE UNSEEN) . CAUSE MAKING A KAFUN CLOTH FOR YOUR OWNSELF CANT COME WITH A DISGUISED EMAAN. MAY ALLAH POUR LOTS AND LOTS OF BLESSINGS ON HER AND HER GENERATION. AND MAY ALL OUR SINS BE FORGIVEN INSHALLAH.