Sin Diary

The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "He whose two days are equal, is a loser." [Daiylami]

A Mumin is racing towards Jannah. He is always trying to have his 'today' better than his 'yesterday'.

After searching for the bodies of martyrs in one of the areas of Ash-Shaam, the brothers came across the body of a 16 year old. They found in his pocket a small notebook which he would use to record his "sins" during the week. If only we could call them sins!

"Monday: I slept without being on Wudhoo.

"Tuesday: I laughed with a loud voice.

"Wednesday: I prayed Qiyaam Al-Layl in a fast manner.

"Thursday: When we were playing I scored a goal and I felt proud.

"Friday: I didn't repeat 1000 prayers on the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) and only reached 700.

"Saturday: One of the army generals gave Salaam to me and beat me to it.

"Sunday: I forgot the morning Adhkaar."

A Mumin tries to keep increasing in piety and good deeds with each passing day to win Allah's pleasure. He wants his inner self to be better today than it was yesterday and his tomorrow to be better than his today. He wants to avoid a repetition of his mistakes, learn from his experiences, and purify his heart and intentions all the time. Thus, a Mumin's two days are not equal. A Mumin's competition is with himself so he can win more and more of Allah's pleasure and thus higher and experiences, and purify his heart and intentions all the time.

So I haven't updated this for this long since I was practicing the things I have planned to put here. So far this sin diary is something I had achieved.

From the day I started writing this sin diary I wouldn't say my sins reduced. But trust me brothers and sisters my repentance and praying to Allah has increased rapidly. Before I wrote this sin diary also I turned to Allah but more with love and thankfulness and partly cause it was duty. It had been only sunhats and farl before. But now I sense the fear. I pray more effortlessly. Praying the nafl prayer used to be like my extra work to Allah. But now I realize even after praying nafl I am not making up for my sins. I can see how weak I am.

Mainly the fact that this world is temporary becomes a reality if you write sin diary. So my dear brothers and sister I will say writing sin diary is a constructive habit we all need to pick up. It does not reduce our sins (may be it will) but helps us make up for our sin.

~jazakallah for reading.

Hope it helped and you start writing your sin diary:-)