Mercy at the right time

We were walking in the scorching sun looking for a place to pray duhr. We go from gate to gate hoping they will let us in. Every gate we go, the guards say its full and asks us to take diversion. What with the fast and the merciless sun, every step we took felt like moving iron. We were sure we will miss salatul duhr. The guards wouldn't even let us pray in the pathway.

And soon we heard the adhaan, we rushed but no use. And followed it was the iquamah. You can't blame the guards either. If they are to manage the crowd, they have to close the gates when the place is filled. They left no place but the pathway. We were sure we would miss the prayer. And all our energy too.

But then came Allah's mercy. A solider shouting to let the people to pray in the pathway.
"What are you doing? It's Salah. Let them in" he shouted to his fellow guards. He was clearly not supposed to do that. Yet he did.

Because of that we entered the gates. On time for salah and oh yeah! The cool air conditioned hall. It was mercy from Allah. And I swear at that moment all the people who entered the masjid prayed for this brother who let us in.

The shade from the sun and the peace of Salah was all that mattered to us at that moment. In two sentence I am sure the brother earned a ton reward from Allah. Because a small mercy at the most desperate time means a lot.
No matter how small our help is, we never know how much the person needs.

Lets be merciful to our fellow Muslims and muslimah this last nights of Ramadan. And yeah, may Allah show his unlimited mercy on this brother for his mercy at the right time.