Devil's Mother

The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “No man gives anything from Sadaqah except after the jaws of seventy devils attempt to deter him.” [Haakim]

Imam Razi quotes the following story in his Tafseer al-Kabeer:

“A preacher mentioned in a sermon that when a person intends to give something in Sadaqah then seventy Shayateen come to him and cling to his hands, feet and heart trying their best to dissuade him from giving Sadaqah.

“On hearing this, one of the men in the gathering got up and said, ‘I will fight these seventy Shayateen.’ So he left the Masjid, went to his house, filled the skirt of his long shirt with wheat, and began to leave his house with the intention of giving the wheat in Sadaqah. When his wife saw this she ran to him and began quarreling with him till she had taken all the wheat back.

“Dejected and forlorn the man returned to the Masjid. The preacher asked, ‘What did you do?’ The man replied, ‘I managed to defeat the seventy Shayateen. But what could I do: their mother came and defeated me.’”

Sadaqah forestalls calamities, puts out the heat of the grave for a believer, and it will act as a shade for him on the Day of Judgement. Angels pray for a good substitute for the giver of Sadaqah in the Path of Allah, while they pray for the destruction of the person who holds back from spending in the Path of Allah. Angels call from the doors of Jannah telling people to give loans in Allah’s Path today and be recompensed tomorrow. So it is no wonder that Shayateen try their very best to keep us from parting with our wealth in the Path of Allah (subhana wa ta’ala).

It is a hilarous hadith I got from Daily Hadith. And don't forget to store the valuable lesson in your heart while laughing.

In sha Allah may Allah grant us all Jannah.