July 17 - Seeing Austin & Julio

Julio is a friend I hadn't seen in a year. He was a year younger than me, therefore he was barely becoming a freshman. I had missed him so much and so, I contacted him through Facebook and invited him over. We lived in the same neighbor hood but things with Julio's parents weren't so great so we just hadn't had a chance to see each other. My mom didn't mind him coming over.

{A brief description of Julio: about 5'10 and quite chubby (pretty much 200 lbs. of mush) he had blonde hair tinted pink at the time. He's gay, and never had a relationship. Very eccentric and flamboyant. }
--------------------------------------
Austin was also coming over that day, Julio wanted to meet him. Julio liked meeting the people I was dating for some reason, he showed up at my house first.

We hadn't seen each other in almost a year so we were both pretty excited to know that we'd be seeing each other everyday and riding the bus together when school started.

We talked about everything that had happened to us within those months that we didn't talk. He told me about how his mom was doing bad, she was on some hardcore drugs and he couldn't live with her anymore. His dad was a homophobe, but life with a homophobe was apparently better than life with a drug addict.

I didn't really tell him about being bullied or anything but he saw the scars. "What are those?" he gestured to my wrists and I shook my head lightly, "A lot has happened this past year." He just nodded, I knew he understood. To get rid of the tension growing between us I said in an exasperated tone, "I wonder where the hell Austin is, I want you to meet him!"

I guess if you speak of people they shall appear (*starts talking about Tyler Joseph & Josh Dun*) Austin showed up about thirty seconds after I complained about his lateness. Julio checked him out as he walked up, I smacked him and hissed, "Hey, he's mine!" Julio chuckled, "Yeah but I can still look." I stuck my tongue out at him and Austin commented, "Very mature, Bliss." And so I stuck my tongue out at him too.

I introduced Julio to Austin and when I was about to introduce Austin, Julio put a hand in my face saying, "Nope I got this, Quote; 'This is Austin, he's really cool, his favourite band is Iron Maiden. He's got the best hair ever plus he's super cute and nice and yeah I think I kinda lo-" I smacked a hand over Julio's mouth before he could further quote me and laughed awkwardly as my faced burned red. He quoted what I told him about Austin a few days back.

Austin looked at me then at Julio and blushed red as a tomato when he realized what Julio was saying. After a few moments of awkward silence Julio piped up again, "I'm just messing with you guys" Austin and I both laughed awkwardly and tried to brush off the tension.

We all walked down the street to McDonalds and bought lunch. On the way there, Julio gave me a piggy back ride and almost dropped me into the street. After that, I felt safer walking.

Once we arrived at McDonalds I realized I had forgotten my wallet. Austin smiled at me as I searched my pockets and when I looked up he said, "Don't worry cutie, I got it." I felt bad because I did have the money, I really did forget my wallet though.

We ordered and as Julio and I sat down, Austin stayed at the counter for a couple of seconds. When he came back to the table I asked him, "What did you need?" Instantly his cheeks heated up and he looked at the floor saying, "Oh, nothing. You'll see in a minute."

When our order was ready I got up to go get it when Austin jumped up and exclaimed, "I got it!" I was a little confused but I simply sat down and chuckled at my weird boyfriend. He stayed at the counter again for longer than needed before coming back with our food.

As Austin was walking towards us Julio asked me in a whisper, "Is he usually this weird?" Instead of answering I pinched his arm. He hissed in pain and that's when Austin sat down beside me handing me a box of nuggets and handing Julio his food.

Austin just watched me with this huge smile plastered to his face as I opened my box of nuggets to see something written on the inside lid of the box:

"You're the most amazing girl I've ever met and I'm so happy to call you mine. And that's why I wanted to tell you...I love you, Bliss."

It was written in messy blue ink along with sloppily drawn hearts all around the words.

I looked up at Austin with the dumbest smile and said quietly, "I love you, too." That's when Julio pulled my box of nuggets towards him causing me to literally growl at him, "Hands of the food, bro." He held up his hands in surrender, you never EVER mess with my food.

I turned the box towards Julio so he could read it and he cooed at us and said we were "so adorable".

After another half an hour or so of chatting and nibbling on our food we walked back to my house. We stayed in the front yard, our of my mom's sights once again. Just so she wouldn't notice Austin holding my hand.

Austin eventually had to leave, but Julio stayed for a while longer. He wanted to discuss his thoughts on Austin.

"I think he's good for you. He seems like a pretty great dude." That was his first comment to which I nodded. Then came his second comment, "I also think he's kinda weird but I can't tell if it's a good or bad weird. You know what I mean?"

I think I understood what he meant because it was true, Austin could be weird sometimes. Like he'd make jokes that I didn't understand but instead of explaining it to me, he'd laugh even harder because I didn't understand. It bothered me but I didn't feel that it was a big deal.

After the discussion about Austin I went on about how I was going to my first concert the next day. I'd be attending Mötely Crüe for their "All bad things must come to an end" tour, and Alice Cooper would be the opening act. Needless to say, I was extremely excited, and the fact that Austin would be there was just a huge bonus.

Soon the sun began to go down and Julio had to walk home so we said our goodbyes and I headed indoors.

My mom asked if I had a good time and I said yes then she did something quite unexpected, "So I know you're going to your first concert tomorrow and I want you to buy something to remember it with." She handed my $30 which was extremely weird. My mom does buy me things but usually it's only for Christmas and my Birthday and if I ask for money she usually gets pissed.

I was confused but I just smiled and said, "Thank you so much, mom. This is awesome." With that we both went to bed and I waited anxiously for my very first concert.