Desh

Told from Josh's point of view::

"Where should I start?" I asked Tyler. He sat in front of me on the king sized bed that I had plopped down on as soon as I had gotten home. "Tell me your favorite things about her." Tyler said, laying down across the foot of the bed. I watched as he softly kicked his feet against the bed as I thought about my favorite thing about Denny.

There was so much about her that I loved and I couldn't think of one thing to say. I mulled it over in my head as Tyler continued to softly kick the bed. The soft thud of his feet hitting the bed helped me to think. Finally, after what seemed like forever it came it to me.

"My favorite thing about her is her laugh. Her laugh is so precious, it's like yours to me." I said. At the sound of my voice Tyler sat up. He smiled at me, actually he beamed. "Are you sure it's not the drums my fren?" I nodded, I was sure. Denny could play the drums, she had proven that to me after I had played for her.

"When should we tell the fans?" Tyler asked, his eyes locked with mine. I smiled at him and shook my head. "I have a feeling they already know." I responded. Tyler looked at me confused, but I just shook my head. "Jishwa, you better tell me or I will kick you out the band!" I looked at Tyler. I had to pause for a minute before I could respond to what he had just said.

"I could kick you out of the band too." I whispered, leaning into Tyler's ear. We both busted out laughing, knowing that if either of us kicked each other out, we'd need the other back before the night grew old.

****************6 days later*****************

Denny and I had set up a dark blue tent and had laid out some sleeping bags before we had gone off to look for some fire wood. Sounds of birds singing surrounded us, instead of the usual sounds of cars rushing by and angry neighbors screaming at each other. I smiled at Denny's back, as she climbed over a tree stump. She looked beautiful in the forest lighting, she looked liked an angel. She bent over to pick something up and she turned to look at me, waving a few sticks in the air.

"Got some wood!" She exclaimed, a smile on her face. She glanced down to my hands and made a face, "You haven't found any?" I shook my head. I climbed over the tree stump and stood across from her, looking into her brown eyes, which were filled with delight. "You can carry the ones I find if you don't wanna look, silly." She teased, handing over her sticks.

-------------------------

I tossed the sticks into the fire pit and looked over at Denny who lit a match. "That's so cheating." I said, laughing. She smiled at me and laughed. "It would take forever to do it any other way." She said, tossing the match into the fire pit. I watched as the flames started to lick the night sky. It brought a warm feeling to my chest. It was almost perfect, something was missing, put I couldn't place it. That is, until Denny started singing.

"I don't know why I feed on emotion, there's a stomach inside my brain.."

Denny looked at me and shyly smiled. I took her hand in mine and took a deep breath, looking for the next lyric in my head. "I don't wanna be heard, I want to be listened to." Denny smiled bigger when I continued the song. "Does it bother anyone else that someone lese has your name? Does it bother anyone else that someone else has your name, your name?" We sang together, creating a perfect harmony. We looked into each other's eyes and without speaking...

"I SCREAM, YOU SCREAM, WE ALL SCREAM 'CAUSE WE'RE TERRIFIED OF WHAT'S AROUND THE CORNER! WE STAY IN PLACE 'CAUSE WE DON'T WANT TO LOSE OUR LIVES, SO LET'S THINK OF SOMETHING BETTER!"

We burst out laughing, and once again I found comfort in her laugh. I looked up at the night sky and smiled to myself. This might just be the one I thought to myself. When I looked down from the sky, I looked over at Denny and saw she was staring at me, with an intensity that seemed different than worry or creepy.

"What?" I whispered. "Nothing, I just wanted to admire you." She replied, her voice also a whisper. I watched her as she watched me. I admired how she looked in the fire light. Everything about her was perfect and I just wanted to capture this moment, but we had both promised no phones that night. "What are you thinking?" She asked.

"Just that I wish I had a phone so I could capture how beautiful you look and look back on it for many years." I replied. Denny smiled and shook her head. "I got a camera." She told me, turning to dig in her bag. I raised an eyebrow ad she kept digging in her bag. After about 5 minutes she pulled out a sleek, black camera and handed it to me.

"I used this earlier to take pictures of the sunset. Also maybe a few pictures of you." Denny shyly smiled when she mentioned taking pictures of me and I laughed. "It's okay." I held the camera up and focused on Denny. "Smile!" I said, looking at the camera screen. Denny crossed her arms and fake pouted. I rolled my eyes at her and she laughed. Taking advantage of her laughing, I snapped a photo and smiled when the review showed up on the camera screen.

"Let me see!!" Denny cried, putting her hands on the camera. I flipped it around to show her and she giggled. "I look like a loser." I shook my head. In an oversized dark purple hoodie,gym shorts, messy bun, and a pink tank top strap poking out through the headhole in the hoodie, I'd say she looked like a queen.

-------------

I rolled over onto my side and stared at the side of the tent. Denny was fast asleep, but I couldn't sleep. I hadn't said goodnight to Tyler or told him about anything that had happened in a long time and I was growing restless. The only way to get my phone to talk to him was to wake Denny up and tell her I needed to reach Tyler, since she was the one who was holding the phones.

I closed my eyes for what was surely the 900th time and tried to fall asleep. I rolled onto my back and tried sleeping without a cover again. It was a cool night, so I wasn't sweating uncomfortably or wasn't freezing. I grabbed the flashlight I had placed by my sleeping bag and I turned it on.

According to my watch it was almost midnight. I sighed and flipped off the light. It was going to be a long night. "Josh, you're phone is in my bag." Denny whispered. I sighed, I hadn't meant to wake her up, I had just wanted to check the time, and text Tyler, but that was besides the point. "Thanks Denny." I whispered, crawling out of the tent with the flashlight in hand.

I shined the beam of light towards the fire pit. Once I spotted Denny's bag I walked over to it, careful not to step on a stick. When I got there I unzipped the small pocket it and saw two phones. One in a "Josh you're out of the band" case and one in a red case. I grabbed my phone and rolled my eyes at Denny's case. The people I fall for. I thought, shaking my head.

I sat down on the log that Denny and I had sat on earlier, laughing and roasting marshmallows. I looked around me, around at the black, calming night before I powered on my phone. After a short time my phone starting budding with messages from Tyler and I started laughing. It felt good to know he would text me even when my phone wasn't on me.

Tyler: Josh! Buddy! How are you?!

I laughed to myself as most of the messages from Tyler were the same exact thing.

Me: Tyler? You still awake?

Tyler: JOSH!!!!

I laughed to myself as I read Tyler's simple message. I could feel His happiness and excitement through the screen and it spread to me, even through the distance and the screen.

Me: You should be asleep fren, what are you doing awake.

Tyler: You sound like Jenna and I could say the same to you.

I sucked in my breath and smiled. Tyler and his sassiness. Golden.

Me: I couldn't sleep without talking to you.

Tyler: Sleep and tell me about it tomorrow.

Me: night love you tyjo

Tyler: night jishwa