Jenna's Secret

Told from Jenna and Tyler's point of view. Starts off on Jenna, then switches to Tyler. Switches are -------- and time forwards are *********** Also, I'm sorry if I already used this picture, I have a hard time remembering what ones I have and haven't used.

*2 months later*

I walked into the old baby's room with Josh. I had decided it was time to clean up the mess I had left in there after my freak out. Walking into the room now, felt strange. I didn't feel happy, but I didn't feel upset either. It was more of an unsettling feeling that mainly resided in my stomach and had a small place in my brain. Josh walked to the middle of the room and stopped. I watched as he placed his hands on his hips and looked around the room.

"Are we throwing anything out?" He asked, his eyes coming to rest on me. I took in a deep breath. "Maybe." I replied, but I dragged my words out slowly. Josh walked over to the boxes that I had left out and started carefully taking things out. I watched him for a minute before I walked over to join him. I took out one of the things I had wrapped in a blanket and started to unwrap it.

I stared down at a painting of a farmer and his animals, its glass was broken. I took a deep sigh and placed it on the floor. "Josh can you hand me that blanket next to you?" I asked, pointing towards a small, blue blanket with ABC blocks stitched in a single corner. Josh handed me the blanket and I got up. I walked over to the crib and laid the blanket down in it. I stared down at the blanket and felt myself wishing that the blanket belonged to someone.

"Jenna?" I turned around to see Josh standing with few binkies in his hands. "Where do you want these?" I walked towards him and grabbed one out of his hand. The binkies had been kept in a wooden box next to the rocking chair, on the nightstand next to it. I looked over where the rocking chair was and noticed the smashed wooden box next to it. "Keep them." I whispered, placing the lady bug one I had taken back into Josh's hand.

"Jenna?" I looked up at Josh and he had an eyebrow raised. "What?" Josh shook his head. He dropped the binkies on the ground and took my hands. "You can't hold onto this forever." He whispered. I felt myself smile, and I noticed Josh's expression change from concerned to confused. Josh opened his mouth to speak again, but I shook my head. "Believe me, I'm not holding onto this." I said, sweeping a hand around the room. "I'm holding onto something new."

I waited for what I had said to be processed by Josh's mind. It took a moment, but when it finally hit Josh he covered his eyes, looked up to the ceiling, and smiled. A laugh came from him and he looked back at me. "You're pregnant?!?!" Josh looked shocked, a good kind of shocked. I nodded, but put a finger to my mouth. ""Tyler doesn't know yet. I haven't figured out how to tell him yet." I whispered. Josh started laughing, happiness radiated from him. "Just tell him Jenna, he's going to be so happy!"

--------------------

I was sitting next to Josh when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see Jenna standing behind me. She had her hair up and a smile on her face. I smiled at her, it was nice to see her smiling so much again. "What's up, Jen?" I asked. "I need to tell you something." She whispered, leaning down to whisper in my ear. I looked over at Josh, and he gave a small wave towards us.

"Do you need Josh to leave?" I asked. Jenna looked over at Josh for a second, as if she was deciding if what she had to say could be said in front of Josh or not. Josh did another small wave, causing Jenna to laugh. "No, he's cool." Jenna said, smiling. I laughed and Josh smiled at her. "Small waves were very much appreciated, Josh." Jenna said, looking at him. Josh laughed and shook his head.

"I think I know what's happening, so I am actually going to go find something to eat." Josh said, "Although, thank you for saying I'm cool." And with another small wave, Josh had gotten up and headed to the kitchen. Jenna came around the couch and took Josh's spot. We sat in silence for a minute before anyone aid anything. "Sooo, what do you have to tell me?" I asked, shifting myself so that I could see her. Jenna shifted herself so she could face me and she smiled again.

She reached out and grabbed my hand. "You got to be sitting down when I tell you this." She said. I raised an eyebrow and she laughed. "I prepared this whole thing before I came out here, just go with it." She seemed nervous, but she was laughing, which caused me to laugh too. "It's so great to see you laughing again." I said. She turned her face away from me for a moment. Then she took a deep breath and stared into my eyes.

"There's something that you need to know." Jenna paused and examined my face. "Have you been cheating on me with Josh?" I asked. Jenna snorted, which caused us to start laughing again. Jenna shook her head. "No, but there is something very important that you need to know." I raised my eyebrows and waited for her to go. I wasn't very worried about what it was because she was laughing and smiling again, so I didn't think she had gotten back on social media.

Jenna took a deep breath and then she looked down. When looked back up she had another smile on her face. "Tyler," She started, "I'm pregnant." Jenna took my hands and held them again. My mind was spinning, I knew I was past happy, I was ecstatic, but I was still having some trouble processing the information. "Really?" I asked. Jenna's smile became smaller and she nodded, her face showed confusion now. "Tyler, are you okay?" She asked.

I nodded. "When did you find out?" I asked. Jenna took a deep breath. "Shortly after the whole baby room thing, about two months." I nodded, still processing. It was quite for awhile. I felt that Jenna was worried that I wasn't excited. When everything finally hit me, I looked up at Jenna again, smiled and whispered "I'm going to be a dad." Jenna smiled, tears in her eyes. I felt the tears in mine too.

"We're going to be parents." I said it a little louder this time. Jenna nodded, a tear rolled down her face. "We are going to do this." I said, squeezing Jenna's hands in mine. She smiled and leaned closer. I leaned towards her and we kissed.