6 months later

Josh and Jenna's point of view. Switches point of views with -------- and time hops with *******

I looked over at the picture of Denny that was on my night stand next to my bed and smiled to myself. I had put it there a month after dating her. It just felt right to have a picture of her in my room. Our whole relationship felt right, it always had, and it wasn't just the fact she knew her way around a drum kit. I walked out of my room and down the hall. I turned into the kitchen to see Jenna struggling with bending over to get something out of a drawer.

"You need some help?" I asked. Jenna stood up and gave me a once over. She smiled and shook her head. "Josh, where you going all fancied up?" She asked, not answering my question about needing help. I gave her a look and she laughed. "Yes, I do need help, but where are you going?" She asked, stepping aside. I walked over to the drawer and saw that at the very bottom was a top for a blender.

I grabbed it and handed it to her. "On a date with Denny." I answered as she took the blender cover from me. She raised an eyebrow and I put a finger to my lips. She shook her head and turned away from me. I watched as she walked over to the blender and placed the top on it. "Tell Denny I said." Jenna said, looking over her shoulder at me. I nodded and walked over to a chair that had my suit jacket on the back of it.

******************

I pulled the small, black velvet box out of my pocket and opened it up. I smiled at the ring inside and then I took a deep breath. Tonight was the night, at least that's what I had been telling myself. I slipped the case back into my pocket as Denny slid into the car. "I noticed the car and just came out." She said, folding her jacket around her. I nodded and then cursed myself for not going to her door to get her.

"So what's the reason for such a fancy meal tonight?" Denny asked, messing with the radio. I smiled as she settled on one of my songs. "You'll find out soon enough." I responded, looking right at the traffic in front of me. "Is it weird to listen to yourself on the radio?" She asked. I thought about it for awhile. "It's not as weird as it is surreal." I responded.

------******------

"TYLER!" I yelled down the hallway. I listened and heard a door open and then Tyler came rushing down the hallway. He stopped in front of me and he raised an eyebrow. I handed him my phone. "I couldn't wait until the baby was born. I called and asked." Tyler rolled his eyes at me, but he was still smiling. "Are you going to tell me or am I going to have to wait until you give birth to find out?" He asked.

I laughed. Tyler had wanted to know what gender the baby was going to be ever since he first found out about it, but I had wanted it to be a surprise, but then I decided I couldn't wait anymore and called the doctor to find out. "It's going to be a girl." I said. I watched as Tyler's face filled with happiness and pure joy.

---------------------------

"I forgot to tell you something." I said, placing my fork down on the table. Denny raised her eyebrows. "Like the meaning of all this fanciness?" She asked, a playful tone in her voice. I shook my head and she raised an eyebrow. "Jenna says hi." Denny started laughing and I laughed too. No matter how many times I heard her laugh, it would always affect me in some type of way.

"How is she doing? Isn't the baby due really soon?" Denny asked. I nodded. "Less than a month actually, and she's doing great." Denny nodded and finished chewing a piece of her dinner. "I wanna have a kid some day." Denny said, a far away look in her eye. I took a deep breath. I kept looking for an opening, but I still couldn't find one.

"A boy or a girl?" I asked, keeping with the conversation. Denny shifted in her seat and looked behind me for a moment. "I don't really care, boy or girl is fine." She said. I nodded. I figured that I could actually work the topic of the conversation into the proposal if I wanted to, and this could have been the opening I was waiting for. I dug into my pocket and pulled out the box. I looked down at it one last time.

I slowly stood up from my seat, butterflies in my stomach and unsure of how to do this properly. I then slowly kneeled on the floor and opened the black box. Denny watched as I did this and she bit her lip. "Denny Lissa Ryun, will you marry me? We can grow old together, have kids, boy or girl, together, all that matters is that we are together and that we are happy, because I love you." I closed my eyes and cringed at how lame that was. When I opened my eyes again Denny was crying and nodding.

"YES!" She finally screamed. I stood up and she held her hand out to me. I took the ring from the box and slid it onto her finger. Tears ran down her face, but she was smiling. "I'm sorry that was so lame." I whispered into her ear. She laughed. "Lame or not, you're mine and I'm yours."