12 years later

Told from Josh's point of view.

I looked down at the little, 12 year old, girl who was standing next to me and smiled. She looked up at me and smiled back. "Uncle Josh, why do you always get so sad visiting this place?" She asked. I took in a deep breath and looked at Denny. She nodded at me and I nodded back to her. I knelt down, so my face was leveled with Hazel's.

"Hazel, look around and tell me where we are." Hazel looked around, pausing the gate that surrounded the area. She finally turned back to me and took in a deep breath. "A cemetery." I nodded and she cocked her head to the side. "But who's here that makes you so sad?" She asked. I stared into her wide, blue eyes, and was reminded of Jenna. Her eyes were Jenna's, but her hair was the exact same brown as Tyler's.

"Come with me, I'll show you." I said, extending my hand. Hazel grabbed my hand and followed me as we walked down a dirt path. We stopped about 12 feet from where we started. "They're right here." I said, looking at the gravestones in front of me. I felt my eyes start to burn, but I held back my tears. "What did they mean to you?" Hazel asked. I took a deep breath and looked at Hazel, who's big eyes were staring at me in wonder.

"They meant everything." I whispered. Hazel frowned. She wrapped her arms around me, giving me a hug. "I'm so sorry Uncle Josh." She whispered. I patted her head, while shaking my own. "No, Hazel I'm sorry." Hazel looked up at me, confusion in her eyes. "Why?" She asked. I pointed to the gravestones "Because you don't remember your mom, and you barely remember your father." Hazel walked towards the two gravestones and stopped when she was an inch away from them.

"Jenna Joseph. Tyler Joseph." Hazel spoke slowly, tracing the names with her finger. "I remember my dad, a little bit, but what was she like? My mom I mean." Hazel turned towards me, her hand, extended in air, delicately touching Jenna's headstone. I felt a hot tear run down my face as I watched the words form on Hazel's lips.

"She was beautiful, kind, caring, funny, she gave your father the world, because she was his world. She had the same eyes you do. She gave everybody who met her joy. She wanted you to grow up, knowing you are loved, she wanted the world to be your oyster. Everyone who met her, fell in love with her. She was everything your father wanted, and more." I said, tears finally rolling down my cheeks. Hazel looked at me with interest. "What about my father?" She asked, reaching her hand out to me.

I took her hand in mine and glanced towards Tyler's headstone. I pictured his smiling face in my head and wiped away a few tears, using my free hand. "He gave people hope, he gave people a reason to keep going. He was my best friend, everybody always made jokes about how over protective he was of our friendship. He was happy with his life, he was given fame, but he didn't let it change him. He changed so many peoples' lives with his words, he affected so many people. He loved your mom and you with his whole heart. He made everybody laugh and he was creative. He meant so much to me, it was so hard to let him go." I whispered the last part, looking down at the ground.

I felt a hand on my back. I looked up to see Denny, with a small smile on her face. "They would be so proud of who you are becoming, Hazel." Denny said, extending her free hand out to Hazel. Hazel gripped it and she had tears running down her face. I took my hand out of hers, and walked towards her. I gave her a hug, and joined her in crying. "You meant the world to them." I heard myself whisper. I didn't even notice I had said anything, until I heard myself say it.

"I love you guys." Denny whispered, breaking free from my hug, and wiping away her tears. "We love you too." Denny and I said at the same time. I felt myself smile. I could tell that Hazel was going to grow up, and do great things, like her parents would want her to.